Author Topic: A call to arms OOC thread  (Read 5779 times)

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: A call to arms OOC thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 12:53:58 pm »
The enkis having pride and fighting for it is the same as all the people that have glasses fighting those that don't for their pride.

I must admit you have a point...

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • May the azure sun always shine on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 06:12:03 pm »
@ bartholin

you continue to make yourself apear dumb, ingame and out  ;D

why dont you ask vigel *cough* i mean gharin who started the rp.....

shhhhh..... i was one of the ones who started with him.......

If anyone on this forums has the power to make up rules, its gharin..

silly diaboli

insultive much?

a) the poster of the warin wasnt you OR him.. so umm  :detective:
b) maybe you alls hould have thought out the entire rp BEFORE you posted the ending.. THAT way.. NOBODY could argue who has the power to end it.
c) ^ if you did that.. no room for insults..
d) your a *&^( in and out of game..  ;D

The enkis having pride and fighting for it is the same as all the people that have glasses fighting those that don't for their pride.

since Gharan started it..  ??? does this mean that any are open to join then? it would make sence if a small group decided (in rl) to idk.. kill some guy in a puplic square.. that a group would take them out :) so why not a small group of slavers get killed off by a far larger army of those that fight for family or.. dare i say it with such players as Coneitic values? or even.. justic? and before this topic gets turned into a flame match... v

Don't apologise to people being offended by fictional people being fictional mistreated by another fictional people. Laugh at them.
;D
* Bartholin Has fun making a Dust Army!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/ninjaps2/Planeshift/ {PS ss}
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 06:22:36 pm »
b) maybe you alls hould have thought out the entire rp BEFORE you posted the ending.. THAT way.. NOBODY could argue who has the power to end it.

And that would be the worst kind of RP IMO, it tends to end up being a pre-scripted, self-centred, egotistical RP when someone starts it with an entire plan in mind, if that was the case then Gharin would win (although presumably that would mean the RP continues?)

[Off Topic]

I am just curious why you would brag in your sig about that PCs specs ???

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 06:42:51 pm »

a) the poster of the warin wasnt you OR him.. so umm 
c) ^ if you did that.. no room for insults..
d) your a *&^( in and out of game.. 

Quote from: Gharan on January 08, 2007, 09:53:58 AM

since Gharan started it..   does this mean that any are open to join then? it would make sence if a small group decided (in rl) to idk.. kill some guy in a puplic square.. that a group would take them out  so why not a small group of slavers get killed off by a far larger army of those that fight for family or.. dare i say it with such players as Coneitic values? or even.. justic? and before this topic gets turned into a flame match... v

Quote from: Parallo on January 08, 2007, 08:47:11 AM
Don't apologise to people being offended by fictional people being fictional mistreated by another fictional people. Laugh at them.

Posted on: January 08, 2007, 09:53:58 AMPosted by: Gharan 
Insert Quote

What?  ;D

This war was agreed in a group in-game and no none Enki are to fight the battle, OK?
If you all want to fight then we would see the sheer number and escape and return at later date,wouldn't you rather bury it?

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 07:24:42 pm »
Methinks the DL's will be horribly outnumbered regardless.  Have you thought instead of working with a wave system?  By this I mean they would send 6 against your 6 until you are all dead.  IC it would be explained simply by the fact that the attackers didn't want to win dishonarbly or something of the sort.  Also, I thought your slaves were going to fight for you as well... certainly you could take a few more of them to increase your numbers by a bit.
Jangeol Bakieck the Scarred
Dameve Angelun the Insane
Ehatihen the Cowardly Kran

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 07:30:23 pm »
Even with slaves we would be lucky for 10, we have hired help but I ain't saying who  ;) and that ain't many, we will be outnumbered by just Enki alone even with all that i've just mentioned and we don't mind as long as it isn't insane like 10 vs 60, could you imagine the lag and the sheer stupidity of the thing to start with,this is about the rp leading up to our demise by the enki not the war itself, who craes if you dont get to fight one fight, i mean seriously?....

Coneitic

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 08:25:03 pm »
why is it lately every time someone post an rp, he same people that pick at it and give "constructive critisism" [bullsh** word], are the same ones that wonder into other peoples rp, and barely ever starts their own. maybe before you all have little problems with someone elses rp, you should have your own worked and, and a certain part that explains how you did things different. how about we share that before we critique someones rp. im proud of gharan =)
There is no right or wrong.... only Trias.

~Conietic

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 08:36:53 pm »
There is nothing wrong with critiquing roleplay. If you don't want that, don't post it and don't waste anyone's time. Go play in your own circles and hand out private invitations. Normally people should be happy to have others point out mistakes or inconsistencies, offer suggestions, or ask questions. That's where improvement comes from - outside sources. So don't be so hasty with such posts, Coneitic. We're here not only to have fun with one another, but to learn from one another and listen to each other's opinions. That's certainly what the forum is for. If anyone isn't interested in that, please stay in-game.

The blunt quality of this post is due to listening to George Carlin for the past half hour.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 08:40:40 pm »
got halfway through typing an almost identical response before I noticed yours Karyuu...

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 08:51:23 pm »
Peoples questions have been valid Coneitic and i've listened to them I think all of this would be best left in-game at the meeting time Blayze has arranged.An RP IC discussion might be more interesting than clogging a forum with it.

*edit*

I'm going to make myself look completely stupid here and admit that me preaching JUST Enki against us isnt very RP at all so accept my apology and ANYONE feel free to get involved  :)

[ Double-post merged. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:10:16 pm by Karyuu »

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • May the azure sun always shine on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 10:22:55 pm »

Even with slaves we would be lucky for 10, we have hired help but I ain't saying who  ;) and that ain't many, we will be outnumbered by just Enki alone even with all that i've just mentioned and we don't mind as long as it isn't insane like 10 vs 60, could you imagine the lag and the sheer stupidity of the thing to start with,this is about the rp leading up to our demise by the enki not the war itself, who craes if you dont get to fight one fight, i mean seriously?....

dont mean we cant watch :) happens all the time in rl.. ppl on the side lines.. we could even have medics :)) i mean.. healers..

*edit*

I'm going to make myself look completely stupid here and admit that me preaching JUST Enki against us isnt very RP at all so accept my apology and ANYONE feel free to get involved  :)

not stupid at all..  :thumbup:

And that would be the worst kind of RP IMO, it tends to end up being a pre-scripted, self-centred, egotistical RP when someone starts it with an entire plan in mind, if that was the case then Gharin would win (although presumably that would mean the RP continues?)

[Off Topic]

I am just curious why you would brag in your sig about that PCs specs ???

didnt mean word for word.. just the general stuff, so that we know whats goin on if we aint ingame for 24/7 :)

and i aint braggin bout my specs.. im just posting them so i dont have to waste time hunting them down ;D
* Bartholin Has fun making a Dust Army!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/ninjaps2/Planeshift/ {PS ss}
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

Blayze!

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 11:35:55 pm »
this rp is Gharans idea so its only right that he calls the shots, obviously there are some wires crossed here, personally I think that the final battle should be the slavers against enki, this doesn't mean that other races can't input by rp'ing thier support, theres not enough slavers compared to everyone else, I think the slavers are aware of thier inevitable defeat, so if the enki's are beaten then theres nothing stopping you or anyone else reaping vengeance, either way the slaver rp will be over, the reason for the original post was to try to get people interested in taking part thats the whole idea of this forum after all, initially it was to get an idea of the ammount of people interested then we can change things around so people can get the most out of it, if we can tie things up here with peoples suggestions then we can make sure it's organised properly.

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 12:05:44 am »
I'm going to make myself look completely stupid here and admit that me preaching JUST Enki against us isnt very RP at all so accept my apology and ANYONE feel free to get involved  Smiley
Er, are you saying everyone is killing you now, or that RP wise it doesn't make sense but it has to be done for the sake of the logisitics of it.  I just want to know, because I have Sunday off with my day job for the first time in ages, and plan to sleep well into the time this battle is planned for unless I'm involved :P

hrmph, just out of curiosity, what are the numbers looking like atm?  If it's going to be a complete and total slaughter I probably won't bother to wake up anyways :sleeping:

Nefert

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2007, 04:24:59 am »
Greetings everybody.

I think we need to update this post as to what excactly is going on, i.e. Can anyone join in, How long it is going on for etc.

Nefert stretches her claws

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2007, 04:29:17 am »
Okay, meeting has brought forward a day to the saturday, blayze will post on this later today.
By the sheer numbers i thought limitting it would be better but it's kinda ooc so it's up to your characters whether you take part. There are 1 or 2 who will not be allowed to fight for various reasons.

It will last one day and will be fought somewere near Ojaveda.

With this RP nearing it's end we ask people to get involved and more importantly have fun doing so, that's why we started it.

John80sk: It was a slaughter with just Enki fighting now it's a massacre.  ::|
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:59:45 am by Gharan »