Author Topic: 3 vs 3 Dueling Tournament  (Read 1014 times)

Esecen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
3 vs 3 Dueling Tournament
« on: September 13, 2007, 02:45:06 pm »
See Esecen to sign up now for the 3 vs 3 dueling tournament.  Judges and competitors are needed!  Sign ups run until 9/20 with finals 9/29 22:00 GMT.  Magical and nonmagical attacks are allow, but no healing or healing potions are allowed.  Only the team captain needs to sign up and the captain can use any player to for any duel in the tournament.  Prize money is as follows 20,000T first place 10,000T second place, 5,000T third place, 2,500T fourth place.

Round 1: Eliminations

Elimination matches will be scheduled at teams/judges convenience.  Matches will be made randomly on 9/21.  All elimination matches must be completed by 9/28.  Any elimination match that is not complete by 9/28 will be scheduled at 00:01 GMT 9/29.

Round 2: Finals

The top 4 teams will be invited to the finals on 9/29 at 22:00 GMT.  In the event of the tie, for the 4th team, extra matches will be scheduled to decide the top teams.

* There won't be a charge for teams entering.
* Each team will have 4 matches in the elimination round.
* Any team not completing any of their 4 matches before 00:01 GMT 9/29 will automatically forfeit 2 matches.
* It would be easiest if all matches were in the pvp room, you may not leave the room once the match starts.
* A team receiving outside help will automatically forfeit the match.
* An acts of Laanx will not stop or change the match [client crash is as good as death, server crash will restart as soon as the server is up, assuming quick reboot, reschedule for long outage]

I'm still working on the details.  Please publish in paper, I will pay for advertisement.  [If you have any suggestions, post up]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 05:07:48 pm by Esecen »

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: 3 vs 3 Dueling Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:48:01 pm »
     As very few of you know, I run a small business in the arena.  I was wondering if it was possible that you would let some of my "partners" attend and help out with this event.  Handing out healing potions after a fight perhaps, so that participants can get ready for the next fight or don't run the risk of getting killed on the way home due to their low health.  Also, if we are able would you mind us sponsoring one or two prizes for other things shown in the tournament, such as 'best tactics' or maybe a few participation awards for individual participants or teams (to be divided as they see fit).  I await your response.
                   ~Erisnas

Esecen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:15:34 am »
Erisnas, I'm sure something like that could be worked out for Round 2, but Round 1 is going to be very informal scheduled by the participants and judges.

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 03:22:56 pm »
Of course, I that would probably work better so that I know how much I need to get and what for the event.  [Our prizes would probably be some RP swords (the enchanted/jeweled swords since they aren't the best weapons and are expensive, so mainly only good for RP) as well as a few other prizes.]  I do not plan to give out any tria for our prizes since it would clash with your planned awards.  Although, for the 4 teams that get into round 4 we will possibly pay their entry fee they had to have when they joined the contest.  Also, do you mind if we set up a small booth near your event for some additional business? We would just sell some small things like food and drinks, (for RP and if we can keep the crowd separate enough so the participants don't get anything to heal them during battle.) some small novelty items (might sell repair kits to be used as a type of foam finger that makes sense in planeshift, or some other way to support your favorite team. ) and maybe even some services offered such as repairing weapons and armor.
   Can you also tell me where you are planning on holding this event?  I may need to move my wares to be more readily accessible.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:50:44 pm by Erisnas »

Esecen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 02:13:34 pm »
Sounds great Erisnas, the finals will be in the PvP room.

There won't be a charge for teams entering.
Each team will have 4 matches in the elimination round.
Any team not completing any of their 4 matches before 00:01 GMT 9/29 will automatically forfeit 2 matches.

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:02:33 pm »
Can you tell me Esecen if a final time was decided for round 2?