Author Topic: Wedding Invitation  (Read 3946 times)

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding Invitation
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 04:17:02 pm »
Okay, but say kra loves she as much as she loves kra, is it still not a fruitless marriage as far as biology is concerned? I think that Kran should consider the fact that they don't need a mate to reproduce before marrying.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 04:39:09 pm »
* Socius Rockus knocks Parallo again on the head a bit harder
Not every marriage is meant to produce children.... Can't you really think of another simmilair situation where 2 people marry but can NOT produce children together? IT'S ABOUT LOVE!!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 08:41:17 pm »
Freakin' hippie!!!

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »
The President of Iran just went on TV and said there were no krans in his country. :P (sorry, couldn't resist.)

Yeah, I think some real world stuff is getting pulled into this without much merit... According to the settings, Krans are asexual creatures, they are not male or female... and arguably shouldn't have the distinct traits of either. However, I think as an OOC community of non-asexual reproducers (at least I am :P) we let our own background unwittingly dictate some aspects of the way we RP.

For example, Krans aren't male or female... but they're large, strong, stone like creatures that are pretty much exclusively treated by people as being male. I mean when was the last time you heard someone walk up to a kran and go "excuse me miss?" Now, think of how many times you've heard people call them "sir, Mr., etc." For further proof, just ask yourself when was the last time you saw a male character marry a kran? Or for that matter even another kran marrying a kran?

Perhaps normal human life is so far removed from that of the fictional kran that its incredibly difficult for us to be able to accurately relate to and act in a kran like RP manner. In many ways I see this as a failure of our own imaginations. Settings wise, I think kran's getting married is a bit out there and personally I wouldn't have a kran character of mine fall in love... but, from a real-person standpoint I can understand how it could happen.

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 10:25:13 pm »
I've seen a kran couple... only one...but then again being a-sexual kran would have no use for marriage really... Let alone relationships. Alas Kemedes is special, I say GRATS TO HIM!!!

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 11:11:43 pm »
Krans shouldn't have a marry option, anyway.

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 11:14:42 pm »

Thats jumping the gun.
Kran have feelings, just like all other beings, no where does it say they are emotionless.

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 11:17:46 pm »

Ah don't be so crude :P 

Underneath the rocky, mineraly surface lies....... a soul :D

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 12:47:30 am »
Love doesn't have to be an emotion for Krans.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 04:49:52 am »
Kran aren't to be called he or she. They are to be referred to as Kra. As in look at kra over there, kra is really smelly or whatever. I just see way to much of this Kran maleness and attempts by players to play them as something that the settings specifically say they aren't; male. Anyway, would you marry a rock :P
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 05:08:35 am »
Love doesn't have to be an emotion for Krans.
Sure redefine The emotional upset of an species to get your right :P
Love isn't one emotion, it's many in one.
Everyone can love, I love you  :lol:
Anyway, would you marry a rock :P
It's better then marry someone who doesn't believe in love  ::)
People marry everything http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=65626

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 05:13:51 am »
* Socius Rockus knocks Parallo again on the head a bit harder
Not every marriage is meant to produce children.... Can't you really think of another simmilair situation where 2 people marry but can NOT produce children together? IT'S ABOUT LOVE!!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!
According to triangular theory of love, love without passion is a companionate love. Now companionate love usually appears several years after the marriage. People don't really get married if they don't feel passionate for each other.

It's actually sad when people are given a really unique race, but they, instead of giving it an unique personality, decide to commonise it instead.

This having been said, I always disliked the idea of this "kra" word. As if we didn't have gender-neutral pronouns in English. I mean, even singular 'they' sounds more natural and less confusing than that.
AKA Skald

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 05:16:31 am »
Who said there isn't any passion?

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 05:27:25 am »
If you consider Kran don't have genders and there's no need for love in their society, you also have to assume on the course of evolution they either lost or never developped hormones responsible for conducting brain messages associated with passion for another being.
AKA Skald

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 05:39:20 am »
They at least have to know the companion love as you said, else they would have evolved into some kind of self caring parasite attacking everything that comes in it's way.
And maybe it's not the love "we" (as humans and other species in PS) know but more as a love for a god.
It think it mayhap work as joy, some get their joy out of friends, others drinking and yet other out of murdering.
But me not being in the settings team, nor being a psychiatrist I think we should ask them 'The Kran' what they consider love LOVE LOVE!
But I'm sure they have it  :) in every way  :lol: