Author Topic: Proglin's funeral.  (Read 4078 times)

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Proglin's funeral.
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:10:56 am »
It was a good ceremony, as was to be expected from the Entertainer. Tears were shed by old friends that remember Proglin, as jolly as he was.

It was Einnol that found his brother in his home. A while ago Proglin fled to the safety of his house to start working on a brand new tournament. The pages he intended to fill were only half done. Proglin's head on his last half finished work, he died of old age and sheer tiredness.

Now time had come to dispatch of Proglins body and throw him in the burial well on the road towards Ojaveda. Farewell Proglin, may you finally get your well earned rest.

[Most people that take the time to write a farewell thread tend to stay. I'm not going to stay. We had fun guys and girls :) thanks to those that deserve it. So... bye to all from Proglin the Entertainer, former GM Yill and those that knew me as a person]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:17:45 am by Proglin »
yours, the entertainer

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Proglin's funeral.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:33:13 am »
[Goodbye Proglin. With your tournaments, your games and your events you really brought something to the game. You will be missed.]

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 10:37:38 am »
An end is often a new beginning.  I hope you journey well and that as you fade to the next plane fate has lain before you that you still remember some fondness here even as it grows distant and fades to a memory of a memory.  May any new beginnings that await you be fruitful and may you be rejuvenated fully once again, free in the pursuits you care so much for.

Traverse well my friend, our pursuits are destined to cross again. Fate ordains it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:40:25 am by Induane »

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 11:25:02 am »
[Aww..It is so sad to see you leaving. You were a great player, and it was nice to have met you. Farewell and good luck with whatever you do]

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 11:32:47 am »
* peeg cheers silently
[ Another old friend heading away to new horizons  :-\ Bye Prog! Have fun wherever you go! ]
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:49:31 am »
[..... :'( .............Goodbye Proglin, you always had a cheer about you that brought PS to life]

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 12:15:28 pm »
[Farewell, Proglin.  Yes, you will be missed.  It was a pleasure to know you.]
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Setmotlevich

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:30:56 pm »
I can't say I ever went to one of your events as I'm not a dueler, but everything I've seen paints you as a cherished member of the community.  Before you go, do you think you could write a guide on how to organize successful events?

Aerianna Kzin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • We have come to teach...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 12:40:17 pm »
You will be greatly missed my dear friend, you've been around for many years and have taught lots of us what it meant to role play. I am saddened by your leaving, but I do hope you keep in [touch from time to time. I wish you all the best in your life.]

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:41 pm »
Why did I miss the ceremony? Why did you not invite me?! ... I'll catch you again. Here or there. No matter if you are "not available".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 02:12:42 pm »
[I have no idea yet how to RP a response.  When I try to find the words, they just slip further away from my sight.  Anything that I could say here I think you already know, so I'll just say "Goodbye and best of luck, my dear friend."]

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 02:17:23 pm »
[Aw, I didn't know you were leaving...I didn't even know about the funeral, I would've definately come. Well, cya Proglin, had a lot of fun at the tournaments, and you were a pretty important figurehead of events I think. :P]

Setmotlevich

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 02:19:57 pm »
He was more than a figurehead.  He was the organizer.

Can you think of any other player who has regularly organized popular and successful events?  Even if all his events were dueling tournaments, I'm sure there's a lot we could learn from him.  That's why I think it would be nice if he left us with some instruction on how to repeat his successes.  I know it's a lot to ask.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:29:06 pm »
Can you think of any other player who has regularly organized popular and successful events? 

[yes i can, Cilay Mecur.  :P]
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 03:15:03 pm »
[Aw, poor Proglin... Wait, that's the enki-dwarf, right?  :o]