Author Topic: Proglin's funeral.  (Read 4080 times)

Zwenze

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Proglin's funeral.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 01:59:22 am »
Aww. Its hard to see old players leave. Thanks for all the events and for educating this community 'bout roleplaying. I wish you the best.

Xoraxa

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 05:48:54 pm »
Xoraxa stands in front of Proglins graveyard shivering and tears running down her checks.
Laying down a fine dagger into the grave she whispers "Oh dear .. this one I just made as a present for you .. "
She starts silently sing an old dwarfen blessing. Having ended it she stands still for a long while.
Abruptly she turns and leaves the place not talking to anybody.

[Dear Proglin, special thanks to you for all the advice and introduction to the questions and specialties that helped me to get into computer based roleplaying in a foreign language. I will miss you a lot!]

Ralleyon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Protector in the Survivors of Vaern
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 05:57:13 pm »
An old Klyros dressed in rags enters the city. News about his dear friend's death had reached his ears, but it came as no surprise to him. Deep down inside he knew it all along, he had felt him "depart".

He then heads slowly, his cane shaking a bit, to the secret Survivor's cache and takes out his proud but worn by time uniform and two swords wrapped together in a cloth.

The Klyros pays his final respects to his old friend at the burial well.

"Gloodbye, my dear Proglin. Wherever you may be right now, I pray to my ancestors to guide my soul to yours in the afterlife. We shan't be apart for long..." he says and smiles sadly.

He then unraps the cloth and ties one of the swords to his waist. "Tongue Binder shall remain by my side until my death. Please accept my trusted Vulcan Torch to light your path and guard you from oblivion", Ralleyon whispers softly and hurls the second sword in the burial well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:59:20 pm by Ralleyon »
To see the world in a grain of sand
And Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

[William Blake - Auguries of Innocence]

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 12:54:10 pm »
* Xillix Queen of Fools mourns Proglin, and buries two weapons of seduction in the ground near him.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:59:29 pm by neko kyouran »

Rheos

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Way of the Hammer
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 04:50:08 am »
On hearing the news, the dwarf sighs heavily and goes over to the still unlit fireplace.  Raking out some cold ashes he smudges and dulls his ceremonial armour, shield and battle hammer.  Meticulously he puts on his armour, then reaches into a chest and takes out a small ceremonial hammer made of the purest gold.  He hangs it from his belt, picks up his shield and battle hammer and steps out of the house to make the short pilgrimage to the burial well.

At the well, he notes the evidence of other mourners, and stands in silence for some time, honouring the memory of the old Dwarf.  As the morning light from the Crystal brightens, He snaps to attention and Salutes before driving the haft of his battle hammer into the ground and hanging his shield from the head.

Taking the gold hammer from his belt, he raises it to the crystal and finally speaks.

"Farewell Proglin Unser, may the gods smile on your endeavours in the next realm, may your purse and your belly always be full"

Swinging the gold hammer around his head, he hurls it into the depths of the Burial well, praying that it finds it's way to Proglin's side.  He bows his head, then picks up his Shield and hammer.  He salutes once more, then turns away to return to the house, to restore his equipment to the perfect condition that a guild master and leader of dwarves would expect.

Rheos

Keeper of the Hammer
---------------------------------

Ahriman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 10:21:21 pm »
Beremat wakes up from his long, unexplained sleep. He finds out about his loss...

He travels to the grave and sheds a single tear, from which a small stem grows.  :'(

[So I finally come ack from 0.3.012, and you're gone  :'( :'( :'( You were an awesome friend and will be missed.]

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 04:52:01 am »
As young Progwyn wakes up from a restless sleep he wonders... Will he move to the lands where his parents made such a name for himself?
yours, the entertainer

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:26 am »
As young Progwyn wakes up from a restless sleep he wonders... Will he move to the lands where his parents made such a name for himself?

Does this mean you're coming back Prog!? I just recently returned too!!!!

Eurac

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 09:06:33 am »
Eurac rattles his dice and jingles his tria at the mere mention of Proglin s name.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 11:51:15 am »
Just in case ... the Way of the Hammer is still present. Pekol!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 02:38:04 pm »
Progwyn took the long trip once more. His mother now dead, it seems like the only right thing to do to bring her to Proglin and bring her to her old love.

No one’s here.

The landscape seems changed.

Progwyn sighs and carefuly places his mothers pendant in the burial well.

‘Orphaned and friendless, is there a meaning to any of this? Is this all part of Talad’s big plan? ‘
yours, the entertainer

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2019, 02:23:22 am »
As the end of the work week comes closer, people make plans for leisure activities and might meet more probably. Surely in Kada-El's.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty