Author Topic: [EVENT] Octarch's Festival  (Read 2480 times)

Aiken

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[EVENT] Octarch's Festival
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:09:18 am »
[ Town criers visit all cities on the first level to make the following known to the citizens of Yliakum ]

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The annual Octarchal Festival shall take place in Hydlaa, the capital! [TONIGHT! (at 22:00 GMT)]

As you all well know, the festival was conceived with a threefold purpose. There shall be a tournament to unite all the brave warriors; there shall be a market to unite all the diligent merchants and workers! And finally there shall be entertainment and beer for all the good townfolk!

Sign up now for the tournament! The prize is the Champions Sword, the prize of the Octarch!

At the end of the duels, the final fight will take place against last year's champion, the current bearer of the Champions Sword.

This year we will be introducing the Golden Mug Award for excellent salesmanship. It will be presented to the most successful merchant. There are a number of stalls built and awaiting for merchants to fill them and compete for this vaunted prize!

Come to Hydlaa and take part in the GREAT Octarchal Festival!

[
Rules for the tournament:

• The Tournament will be a single round elimination contest where the winner advances to another duel. Both participants of the duel start with full health (no potions, no magic, no long distance healing), and will fight till defeat.
  • If a player is not present for their match this is considered an automatic forfeiture on the part of the absent player. If at that time a spectator wishes to take the place of the non showing player they may do so, and the round continues. If there are none who wish to take their place, the present participant shall be named victor of that round.
  • Any contestant who lands a fatal blow shall be disqualified from this tournament.
  • There shall be no magic or items used during the duel. It is to be a battle of strength and skill.
  • There shall be as many duels going as we have referees for. The referee shall watch from close by to keep an eye on their contenders and report to the judge the result.
  • At the completion of one duel another one shall start, until upon completion we have a Champion.
  • Referee will group with the two players before start of duel, so the referee can monitor the stats of the players. This is to rule out cheating and to confirm the winner to /tell the findings to the GM who will shout the winner to the audience.
]

[We planned this for after the long downtime, which left us with little preparation time. Sorry for announcing it that short time in advance. To reach as many people as possible in this time it is posted in General Discussion, after the event the post will be moved to the according forum. We hope for a lot of participation!  :sorcerer: ~Kerol ]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:33:26 pm by Kerol »
Beware the grue.

Eriroley

• Traveller
  • Go North!
    • View Profile
Re: [EVENT] Octarch's Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:54:33 pm »
The Tournament of the Champion has completed, and here are the results:
In the First Round:

Dragnoor Elvenhoff was defeated by Kezar Ketar
Hanace Levironk was defeated by Eid Frawd
Leafeme Elvenhoff was defeated by Vannaka Touchtone
Ekono Harten was defeated by Nilotha Nyathosa
Balynder Rockwill was defeated by Vesego
Yukioshonara Syndi was defeated by Patuljaka Djevdo
Svuun Krud was defeated by Sanxx Vadnas
Merina Kutha was defeated by Orgonwukh

In the second Round:
Kezar Ketar was defeated by Nilotha Nyathosa
Patuljaka Djevda was defeated by Vannaka Touchtone
Eid Frawd was defeated by Orgonwukh
Sanxx Vadnas was defeated by Vesego

In the Semi-Final Round:
Vesego was defeated by Nilotha Nyathosa
Vannaka Touchtone was defeated by Orgonwukh

In the final round Nilotha Nyathosa was defeated by Orgonwukh

Orgonwukh was then named the Octarch's Champion after a fierce battle with Aaxithyzle Dreamstrider in which the previous champion was defeated

Congratulations to Orgonwukh, a noble warrior, and Octarch's Champion
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:23:44 pm by Eriroley »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:16:13 pm »
The bazaar and games went well next to the Laanx Temple as well. A little surprise has been left behind the Temple for those who missed the event, though will be removed in a few days when Jirosh sends his workers to get his things back...

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 04:27:04 am »
[ Also Yadili of the Ways of Life guild took the chance of selling her apples during that event. (Just noticed how dark that screenshot is :( ) ]

Kerol

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Assets > Asshats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:51:33 am »
Post your screenies here!  :sorcerer:

retired GM leader

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:44:22 pm »
This was soo much fun.

where was the apple stand???? I thought i walked around the whole thing? I heard the spple vendor but I didn't see them :( poor yadili.

Smekel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:09:54 pm »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:13:33 pm by Smekel »

Elille

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 03:45:40 pm »

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 04:16:27 pm »
Nice screenies, the camera seems to love Vannaka.   :thumbup:
Censorship FTW.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 04:56:20 pm »
Nice screenshots! Even those without Orgonwukh :P

Eurac

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 08:38:06 pm »
Oooooh! Photographic evidence of Eurac running unlicensed games at The Ochtarchs Annual Festival. [Please tell me screenies are OOC].
Eurac keeps an eye out for The Hydlaa Guard.  :whistling:

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 08:28:52 am »
Hehe, Eurac, Yliakum doesn't have photography :P
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 08:43:15 am »
where was the apple stand???? I thought i walked around the whole thing?
Next to the "foods & drinks" stand between two pillars of the Temple of Laanx.
She planned to have fires too, to draw attention and to let people grill their apples if they want, however the torch refused to burn when fixed onto the table (dropped).

Oomi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 10:23:11 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the event. I had fun too, even if it was a bit hectic at times. Who knew caps were so popular? ;) I hope everyone who wanted one got one. If not, let's hope for a "next time"!

Prolix

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 06:33:04 pm »
I wonder if it is possible to construct a tent with those carpets, or use them as roofs for some of those ruins around the BD region. Are they waterproof?