Author Topic: [RP] Alliance of Enkidukai - Council Meeting  (Read 3655 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Alliance of Enkidukai - Council Meeting
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 04:54:37 pm »
[I understand it's late for the Europeans, but it's also pretty early for the Australians, which are a fair chunk of my active guild members (as their timezone is close to mine, they tend to play at the same time as me, and get recruited...)

Also, on a weekend most Europeans play past midnight, if the next morning isn't Monday where they have work.]

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 03:26:12 am »
[any saturday suits me other than next saurday i have an ODE to go to, and not to sure what im doing the weekend after that.]
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 03:37:12 am »
[ And the Singles' Night is already next weekend, too ... -- Singles 14th, Alliance 21st, Antiques 28th? -- Full month! :D ]

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 07:56:09 pm »
*Barike walks by Brado's and glances up at the posting before nodding his head and walking off.* [ My schedule is kinda weird right now, but I'll work on making sure I can attend... We'll have to keep in touch Akaiddo ]

Syenna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 08:37:06 pm »
Syenna, having finished her day's work, heads to Brado's and notices the poster. She considers attending as she heads to the counter for a drink. [My schedule irl is pretty flexible at the moment; I'll try to make it to the event once a time and date's settled on.]

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 03:50:06 pm »
*bump*
* Akkaido Kivikar walks up to Brado's Tavern and posts a new notice.

[IC Announcement from Akaiddo Kivikar]

The Council Meeting for the Alliance of Enkidukai will be held on [this Saturday at 4pm NZT. That translates to 7pm Los Angeles (I think) and 2pm Australian East Coast time. I ask that everyone wishing to attend checks their time in relation to NZT or Australian Eastern Time. NZT usually floats around GMT+12, but Daylight Savings messes with it and I haven't recently checked if it's at +12]

The meeting will be held in Akkaio Dsar [Central], Ojaveda. In bad weather we will hold it in Brado's Tavern.

Invitations are especially extended to Lord Barike Cheshire, and his brothers and officers in House Cheshire, including Emmara Stripus, Narivis of Akkaio Setha Clan and Eyantar of Akkaio Setha Clan. Invitations are extended also to Vakachehk Kivikar, Dharke Tirabu, Teia Starphire, and Joccey Fication of Kore Irka Clan.

All members of the three Core Clans are welcome as well[I just can't name everyone], and also envoys and ambassadors from any interested guild.

Agenda [all IC]:

The definition and constitution of the Alliance into a formal document.

The binding terms of the Alliance by which all members must abide [law abidance etc].

Election of Akkaio Setha Clan leader. [if necessary]

Election of Council Positions, Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, and Alliance Priest.

Attaining assets for the Alliance, from tria to weaponry, armour, commercial stock, and property.

I look forward to meeting with you all again. [IC and OOC :) ]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:19:41 pm by Akkaido Kivikar »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 04:08:06 pm »
Afternoon in Australia - sounds like deep in the night for Europe ... no guarantees then.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:09 pm »
[Had to have it that late sorry, Dharke has work Saturday morning, and I'm getting home from my break the evening before. There will be many more meetings to come. This meeting is mostly for internal organisation in the Alliance, getting things up and running, assigning positions and getting her underway as a commercial and in some ways political power in Yliakum.]

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 06:12:19 pm »
[ And we couldn't do it say, sunday morning so that the Europeans could attend as well? I know at least 2 of my newer members are from Europe. And I would think it would be nice if Gag or someone from The Royal House of Purrty be able to attend. But that's just my thoughts. I will try to come up with any additions to the agenda from House Cheshire within the next couple of days. ]

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
[Really, the entire purpose of this meeting is internal, getting the Alliance off the ground. There will be more opportunities to come for meetings including those unable to attend this one. It's really an ASAP meeting, perhaps we could hold a more organised, open meeting on the next weekend?]

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 12:11:45 am »
[ Works for me, I will hopefully at least have a very few members present. ]

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 04:05:38 pm »
[As a Core Clan, it'd be best if you have three representatives present, including yourself, for voting matters. Any extras are non-voting observers, but they are free to add opinions to debate before voting.]

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »
Emmara reads the notice carefully and nods subconsciously with an approving smile. [Provided the ice storm doesn't keep me trapped at a house that doesn't have PS, but that is two days from now, so I should be home by then.]
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 03:26:45 pm »
Barike reads the notice and nods to himself before walking into Brado's to await the meeting. [ Meant to post a couple days ago that he saw it,  :oops: Ah well, Barike is waiting for the meeting by collecting his thoughts. ]

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 04:20:27 pm »
The Order of Debate and Agenda for the Enkidukai Alliance General Meeting

Part One: Introductions and designation of representatives.

Each Core Clan or Member Guild present will introduce themselves and their purpose, then make it clearly known who their representatives are (3 per Core Clan, 2 per Member Guild). The representatives will be ushered to their seats and seated according to guild/clan. The others will be ushered to the general public seating area.

Part Two: Creation of the Constitution and Internal Laws of the Alliance.

All present are free to add opinion as the document is made, with the representatives having a final vote on what is added to the document and what is left out. The main points:

-Declaration of Allegiance: This part formally declares that all members and core clans are in sworn allegiance to each other and the further good of the Alliance. It will also state our allegiance to the law and government.

-Declaration of Rights: This part will declare all rights and liberties the Alliance will provide internally for its members. Ie- no religious discrimination, no sex-based discrimination...

-Declaration of Internal Laws: This part will ratify that we adhere to all Octarchial Laws, and failure to do so will have suspensions/expulsions, and also any other rules the Alliance needs. These could include fair trade to others within the Alliance (so one member can't rip another off and get away with it), and also a trade embargo law to give the Alliance some pushing power commercially and economically.

Any other points can be advocated, seconded, and voted on to be added to the document.

Part Three: Assignment of Vital Positions.

This part will consist of the nominations, seconding, and voting (within the representatives, at this point) of the positions of Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and if necessary other positions such as Alliance Priest, Physician, and any other positions advocated, seconded, voted necessary by the representatives, and then a suitor nominated, seconded, and voted for seperately.

Part Four: Market Organisation.

Organising a date, time, and Event Organisers, such as Event Secretary, Treasurer, Foreman, and the Guards and Helpers. Will use the same nomination, seconding, and voting system.

Part Five: Akkaio Setha Clan.

The future leader of Akkaio Setha Clan, and the role of Akkaio Setha Clan in the Alliance, et cetera, will be discussed and voted on.

Part Six: Raising of Personal Concerns, Topics, et cetera.

Individuals may raise their own motions for debate and voting in any area not already covered.

How The System Works

Nominating/Advocating

Any member of the Alliance may advocate an idea or nominate a person for a position, whether that person is a Representative or not. Keep in mind Representatives are considered to be privileged by all members of the Alliance and will likely draw more votes.

Seconding

A Representative must second a motion, advocation, or nomination for it to proceed. This prevents clogging of the meeting with unnecessary issues.

Voting

In all cases of voting, the Representatives alone will vote on the matter.

AFKing

If you are a Representative and must AFK unexpectedly during the meeting, inform us [OOC] and also identify someone to OOC vote on your behalf. That person will cast their own vote then say "[Aye/Nay for PlayerX]" and it will be assumed your character voted in that manner IC. Whilst AFK you cannot second, nominate, or advocate.

A summary of the meeting will be posted here as quickly as possible upon the conclusion of the meeting.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:22:26 pm by Akkaido Kivikar »