Author Topic: @ Game Masters: How about event idea contributions?  (Read 271 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
@ Game Masters: How about event idea contributions?
« on: January 23, 2013, 04:10:49 am »
Dear Game Masters,

I wonder if I am creative enough to offer you ideas for events. Would you be interested at all? Would you be allowed to accept any, at all? Would I have to be excluded from an event I contributed?

If allowed and interested: How about publishing a very coarse topic and collecting more details to finalize a specific event plot in a not-so-public area, e.g. an IRC channel, protected by a part-time password given to registered contributors for just this event planning? As usual, the plots don't have to be too elaborate, enough for an hour, maybe with one sequel at most.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: @ Game Masters: How about event idea contributions?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:38:22 am »
If players have ideas for events they are always welcome to contact a GM to talk about their idea. It can be for a player event that will be open to everyone that might need some GM support or a suggestion for a GM event.  Either talking to us in game via tells or group or on IRC are probably the easiest methods or via pm here on the forum.

For GM events the more flushed out the idea the better. For GM events we have a template for outlining the event proposal. The template includes.

estimate of event duration

number of GMs that will be needed

number of GM organizers - some events may need 1 or more gms to do things to help run the event that doesn't involve running a character in the event.

Overview of the event - We don't need every detail but just the general outline of the event.

Setting - This would include the locations where segments of the event might happen

Players - The type of player the event would appeal to.Is it an event for lawful characters or unlawful characters, would it mostly appeal to followers of a certain god or goddess or is it an event any type of player could take part in

Characters - A list of the GM run NPCs The list would include regular NPCs which would need impersonations for ( like Harnquist, Trasok Allelia etc) and event specific characters that a GM would have to run. For event specific characters you probably want to include some additional information like race, description, outline of personality or motivation etc/

Items - Any specific items that would be needed for the event, maybe a description of a set that might be needed ( like the event may need a merchant stall et up some place for example)

Rewards - Suggestions for rewards for all of the people taking part and any special rewards for people who demonstrate outstanding RP during the event.

These are the items on the template for a GM submitted event. Your event overview might want to include outlines for alternative endings to anticipate different directions players might go in the event.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: @ Game Masters: How about event idea contributions?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:20:01 pm »
Nice guideline Sarva. Shame though, I have an idea for an event but I can't get in game right now to work it out myself.