Author Topic: Role-play event!  (Read 9238 times)

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2005, 11:54:38 am »
Thank you for your comments. I\'m considering how we can best appeal to multiple professions and ideologies. I\'ve been talking to the devs about adding some commands to make certain things less challening and hopefully the next update will make these events a lot easier. For now, events will probably not require specialty abilities because it is hard to do. However, I\'ve made a suggestion which should remedy this.

For now, I will try to make events better organized and cut down running. I\'ve actually had an interesting idea for the next one and I\'ll be considering it. Look out for more events in the next few days!
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2005, 01:57:41 pm »
Make sure to warn me ahead of time about it, by the time I looked back at this post, the event was already over >.>

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2005, 10:09:57 pm »
Just hang out in #planeshift-events if you\'re on IRC. The warning is generally going to be somewhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours in advance of these events (these are \"small\" events). Once things get moving, these small events will have no forum warning and will simply happen to people online.

Big events, once we get there, will have anywhere from a few days to a few weeks notice, depending on size.

EDIT: New role-play event! Be outside Harnquist\'s in 15 minutes if you want to participate. (This is intentionally short notice. The trend is less and less notice... Eventually there won\'t be any notice and you\'ll need to be in-game in the right place at the right time. Major events, as I said, will have a lot more notice). This is again first-come, first-served, taking around 10 people max.

EDIT: And... event canceled... due to server-crashes... sadly.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:29:14 pm by Cha0s »
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2005, 09:29:26 pm »
Missed it again...>_>

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2005, 09:34:26 pm »
We just barely started. And then it crashed. If we do it tonight (unlikely), it\'ll be from scratch. Otherwise, it\'ll be sometime next week.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2005, 09:36:07 pm »
Crashes every time something starts, shouldn\'t you warn the Devs about these things so they can quickly setup the server again if it crashes? I know it\'s highly unlikely, but it seems like they should have some control over it.

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2005, 09:38:41 pm »
acraig was actually there and is working on the server now. It seems to be crashing on startup.

EDIT: server back up. Don\'t think the event will be happening tonight, though. Keep your eyes here just in case...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:40:29 pm by Cha0s »
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2005, 09:40:13 pm »
Does the server really \"crash\" or does it just assume that? If you read it carefully, it says \"The server has stopped responding, it has most likely crashed.\"

Most likely, but maybe not, it could be considering server lag to be a simple crash, and then it shuts down the server because of it. Maybe if it was let go a bit longer before the warning comes up, it could return to normal itself.