Author Topic: The Imperial Festival  (Read 975 times)

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The Imperial Festival
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
In celebration of the new cycle, the Empire decided to open a festival the 24/01/16 from 22H00 CEST to 02H00 CEST.

The main event ? A ball, animated by Jilerel and the songs played by Grindulf and Elhorien !
Food and drinks offered by Glorgal

And... Thanks for coming everyone ! [Post your screens plz]

EDIT : I almost forgot to thank the GM team for setting the place up !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:52:30 pm by Jilerel »

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: The Imperial Festival
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »
I did not take any for fear of blinding people with my awful low graphics settings xD

That said, thanks to Jilerel and anyone else to helped organize this! It was a blast!

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
The Imperial Festival
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 05:35:51 pm »
The Imperial Festival returns!

The end of 5th cycle in Imperial time is nearing its end and the Empire decided to open the festival again to celebrate the new cycle.
We will be celebrating on 365th day of the 6th year of the 5th Cycle.
 [sat 20/03/2021 starting around 21.00 CEST]

- Foods and drinks to your hearts content.
- games to enjoy.

Further details coming soon.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:31:57 pm by Dilihin »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 04:35:26 pm »
Cool!  \\o//  Can't wait to attend, festivals are always great fun! Hope to see everyone there!  :thumbup:

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 02:27:30 pm »
Also I am thinking of hosting at least one of three games, with Jilerel's aproval:

The first is a game of strength, similar to what is often called the "High Striker":
This is a new game I have never played, and would require some setup with the aid of a GM.

Then another game of skill at aiming, similar to this one often called "Ring a Bottle" or "Ring Toss":
I have already played that game a couple of times at the market, albeit using copper disks instead of rings and metal vases to throw the disks into rather than bottles, mainly due to the lack of appropriate discs-looking models in the game. This is the easier to set up, and only needs locking by a GM if it needs to become a permanent fixture.

The last is a mimicry of the Mechanical Bull:
This last one uses a huge barrel, half filled with water to provide with some inertia to maintain movement and resist attempts at swift changes of attitude, that precariously rests on two horizontal parallel bars. That also needs a GM's help to set up.

Don't know which will be there, but expect to see at least one in the festival!

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 12:03:31 pm »
The festival was a smashing hit, and the High Striker was there among the games! I only brought the one game, but there were other games as well to amuse the participants.

And The High Striker it was!

The contraption was set up with Uadjet's help, who has a knack at finding the proper materials to fit any construction goal. All in all, it turned up quite realistic and it was fun to set up and a joy to behold (at least to me!)

A luminous Derghir takes a close look at the High Striker

The game was a success, and I believe players liked it. Taking a screenshot of the hammer striking however was not a smaller feat than beating the game itself! After many attempts however, I managed to snap the perfect action shot!

How hard will the hammer fall?

The High Striker proved hard to beat, but Dentritus the kran and Rorain the Ynnwn managed to launch the puck all the way up to 10 and ring the bell, in no way a small feat that allowed them to claim an adorned crate as their prize!

I certainly had fun at the Imperial Festival, and I hope everyone else had as much funn as I did. I am looking forward to another festival next cycle, but will be looking to bring the High Striker to any other event if I get the chance to do so.