Author Topic: Setting Sail Event  (Read 334 times)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Setting Sail Event
« on: November 24, 2019, 02:42:58 pm »
Had a wonderful event this past saturday. It cannot be stressed how much effort was put into it by the GM Team. My thanks for a wonderful event!

Below is a  link to my STEEM Blog Post about it....

https://steemit.com/palnet/@novacadian/an-old-obsession-part-2

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Sail Event
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 02:45:20 pm »
Many thanks to Uadjet for the awesome work on the sailing ship! It looks like it is made of a hundred of items or more.

Thanks for the nice blog post, novacadian!
Love,
Damola

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:23:27 pm »
How odd. I remember writing a post on the event but it isn't on the forum and I can't even find it in my browser history. There is a 'post new topic' that doesn't end in a new thread, so apparently that post is part of the aether now.

It was a very fun event for me as well! Everyone jumped in very enthusiastically, which always means the event is a blast. There were a few hiccups, like the fog, and the riverlings, and the storm, but eventually the players got the cargo where it was intended to go. Almost. It was very close.  ;D

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »
It was a wonderful event for me as well! I always loved how PS allows players to repurpose items to construct things that are not in the game, but I can appreciate the tremendous effort that this sometimes commands. So all the more kudos to Uadjet for walking the extra mile to construct such a monumental ship, not to mention the numerous other little details, like the underwater Nolthir houses or the rowing boats. Thanks a lot for making this game such a joyous experience!

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 01:33:20 am »
Oh, thought I should mention that some of my favorite moments during events come from the moments where I get to surprise the players, or they show their anticipation. The "Glyph Hunter" quests have had those recently, like Damola going nuts when she saw the bird nests. But the best of those is going to the dock in the first picture I posted above and having someone comment that the boats were a bit small. I had a huge, you-just-wait grin after that. You can see the difference in size between those rowboats and the ship in the second screenshot.  ;D