Author Topic: Killing, Stealing...  (Read 719 times)

Zhar the Mad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Killing, Stealing...
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:44:36 pm »
Well, i have an idea how to make PK and thievery a bit more interesting and punishable.

Imagine Guild of Assassins. One person offering gold or rare item for another One`s head. He gives part of the reward to Guildmaster, while GM thinking about which member of guild send on this task. When the choice is done - new quest is given to Assassin. The Assassin doesn`t need the permisson to fight.

The Assassin can try to kill his victim only once - if the Assassin is dead - the quest is failed. GM won`t be able to send another Assassin untill another sum of gold is given to him.

Witness can try to bribe the Assassin.

If the Assassin succeded - quest is complete. This kill will not be punished by gods and other NPC folks if it was unseen, but killed player can try to investigate who murdered him (sounds silly isn`t it?) and punish the Assassin without any fear.

Name of Assassin needs to be differ from his real one, i mean when A is on quest his name is choosen from any active players list.

Guild of Thieves will work in the same way but with one difference - thief can steal only items which are needed by quest.

So? What do you think about it?

PS: sorry for my English  :(

« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 02:46:04 pm by Zhar the Mad »
Try to think!

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 09:33:54 pm »
Well, that seems exclusive only for Assassin\'s guild and Thieves guild.

And what if the guildmaster has a personal vendetta, and sends an assassin in on him?
I don\'t much agree with this system at the moment, perhaps you could elaborate?

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 03:43:12 am »
Originally posted by Zhar the Mad
Guild of Thieves will work in the same way but with one difference - thief can steal only items which are needed by quest.

I can just imagine the guild of theves becoming rich by stealing quest items and selling them back to the players for lots of tria

Imagine Guild of Assassins. One person offering gold or rare item for another One`s head. He gives part of the reward to Guildmaster, while GM thinking about which member of guild send on this task. When the choice is done - new quest is given to Assassin. The Assassin doesn`t need the permisson to fight.

what about freelancers and as flippyseal says the gildmaster could jst have a personal vendetta
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

Zhar the Mad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 05:19:47 am »
Well, GM could be NPC - no vendetta is possible OR someone like Dungeon Master OR make special GUILD CODE which will disallow GM such things - in gamecode of course!

By the way - if someone got killed very often - he can ask DIVINE FAVOUR (ask DM to warn the GM and if GM don\'t want to listen then someone will die)

AND the main thing - leader status can be obtained by killing Guild\'s leader. Ex. - the newly greeted young Assassin or Thief can try to remove GM\'s head from body and became as new leader.

So, if someone got killed very often he can try to help another Assassin to became GM OR ask other players to bodyguard him - new profession, isn\'t it?

About Thieves - they will have place where they storage stolen items non of which cannot be sold in shops, but in Black Market. Stolen items which lies in inventory will move to that storage after Thief has quit. That storage place can be sety only by GM in ANY place - home, small hole with big stone on top of it :)

Awaiting new questions...
Try to think!

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 09:29:12 am »
AND the main thing - leader status can be obtained by killing Guild\'s leader. Ex. - the newly greeted young Assassin or Thief can try to remove GM\'s head from body and became as new leader.

What is to stop a weak newbie getting some uber players to team up with him to kill the leader in return for free asainations of their enemies. Also It would give the intresting effect of having the assasins guild in a state of guild war with itself as surely the other high ranking positions can be taken as well.

About Thieves - they will have place where they storage stolen items non of which cannot be sold in shops, but in Black Market. Stolen items which lies in inventory will move to that storage after Thief has quit. That storage place can be sety only by GM in ANY place - home, small hole with big stone on top of it :)

I still do not understand how this would stop greifers taking noobs quest items. Also what is to stop a player taking all you unique quest items and then logging out, then logging back in again?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 09:30:06 am by Cyberchu »
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

Zhar the Mad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 09:57:44 am »
-----------------------------------------------------------------
What is to stop a weak newbie getting some uber players to team up with him to kill the leader in return for free asainations of their enemies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It is a well paid help.
And that looks the way the things go in real liife, isn\'t it? Placing a puppet as a head of department/state/country to secretly control it... and thus control the whole structure.  8)

------------------------------------------------------------
Also It would give the intresting effect of having the assasins guild in a state of guild war with itself as surely the other high ranking positions can be taken as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Again, the crime world IS that kind of thing.

P.S. Unique quest items won\'t be allowed to be stolen.
Try to think!

Meach2

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 11:26:43 pm »
I TOTALY AGREE.  

A Assasination system would really put colour into planeshift, as well as any game really.  As long as the person with the hit on them was warned \"YO GONA GET WHACKED G!\", then im down!.  This would be alot of fun!... constantly makeing life a battle for survival... alota fun for sure.

Bjorn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 08:38:42 pm »
I totally disagree...
I don\'t think it would be a good thing to implement any of these ideas. If we used these, PlaneShift will become a game of constant death and thievery. Newbies won\'t have a chance against higher level thieves, thus they \"grief\", lose interest in the game, and eventually quit PlaneShift altogether. Also, I believe that the devs are leaning toward a game not based on PvP and thieving; player vs player combat. The world of PlaneShift would become a wasteland full of barbarians and ruffians; evil little n00b players that kill the newbies every chance they can get.
They want PlaneShift to be an MMORPG unlike any other; a breakthrough in the online gaming society. If you want a PvP and PK game, go buy Diablo 2.
In other words, if we use this idea, PlaneShift will go to waste. I\'m not saying we should leave out PvP and thieving altogether, but not have it on such a large scale. Perhaps make NPCs \"robbable\"? Maybe have it so that people can only rob you if it\'s nighttime and they are close to your level. Maybe they have to have certain skills to rob you. For example; if the thief had only a level 5 pickpocketing level, and the victim had an awareness of 10, than the thief would be caught and both would engage in combat, the thief recieving a  defence and attack demotion for the fight since he was caught.
So, as you now see, PlaneShift is not the kind of game that is built over PvP or thieving. Too much freedom for thieves and PKers, and our precious PlaneShift could be lost forever. No more decent people around, just spammers, hackers, Player Killers and thieves.
Go buy Diablo 2...
If you see someone going around talking about their \'+1 silk underpants\', you would take it as a joke at first and later wonder about their mental status
- ZpTyZ

Zhar the Mad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 05:34:56 am »
Originally posted by Bjorn

If we used these, PlaneShift will become a game of constant death and thievery. Newbies won\'t have a chance against higher level thieves, thus they \"grief\", lose interest in the game, and eventually quit PlaneShift altogether.

To prevent this we can create level cap - like when newbie reaches 10th lvl they can rob and be robbed (As in Rubies of Eventide)

Also, I believe that the devs are leaning toward a game not based on PvP and thieving; player vs player combat. The world of PlaneShift would become a wasteland full of barbarians and ruffians; evil little n00b players that kill the newbies every chance they can get.

I haven\'t said that the thieving and assassinating will be so easy - say... when someone kills thief or assassin he can loot everything from them! It will be a good penalty for such dirty work!

Perhaps make NPCs \"robbable\"? Maybe have it so that people can only rob you if it\'s nighttime and they are close to your level. Maybe they have to have certain skills to rob you. For example; if the thief had only a level 5 pickpocketing level, and the victim had an awareness of 10, than the thief would be caught and both would engage in combat, the thief recieving a  defence and attack demotion for the fight since he was caught.

RRRRRight! But not in nighttime - it will depend on darkness level - so if the area is dark the thief have better chance to steal while when the sun shines ( :) ) he will get big penalty.

And of course it must be level depended - 15th lvl thief can rob only 13-17 lvl chars.

AND! When thief fails to steal (if in town) the guards will come and take him to the Prison (the place where players must wait till their.... br... jail time... is over). He can try to espace from prison! New quest!
Try to think!

Bjorn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 09:28:15 am »
Yes, now you\'re getting my point; have some stealing in the game, but put it on a cap. It\'s like in real life; you really don\'t wanna steal unless you\'re really poor, or are just a lowlife scumbag. (Sorry all you rogues out there.)
Really, though; simple things like the freedom to steal and kill other players all you want will ruin PlaneShift. If I were a rogue, I\'d have lots of fun stealing from NPCs and picking chests.
If you see someone going around talking about their \'+1 silk underpants\', you would take it as a joke at first and later wonder about their mental status
- ZpTyZ