Author Topic: My view on PvP/PK  (Read 460 times)

Zorium

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
My view on PvP/PK
« on: May 30, 2004, 03:58:45 am »
First off I just want to say i\'m not in favour of full on open PK and PvP as that just makes the game degrading pointless and extremely lame for begginers and people who are just useless at combat (no offense to anyone :P).

What we need is a more open PvP/PK system than what the devs are suggesting currently...

This is because PvP/PK fuel emotions and incourage new and exciting events happening in Planeshift.  For example if a player in a guild/city etc kills another player (for whatever reason) in another guild/city etc it could spark of a war between those two groups.  These events allow deep seated emotion towards other groups/players which then in turn effects things like trade between the two groups and other affliated groups which has a trickle down effect to even the most lowly player.

That is why I want to have more open PK/PvP so as to aide with the progression of players and organizations as well as giving more development opportunities through feedback from such events.

This is not meant to deal with PK/PvP regulations im just airing my opinion on why there should be more open PK/PvP than is currently being suggested.  Feel free to flame, rant and carry on :P

I reserve the right to be wrong.

nightwolfz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 05:26:52 am »
I think devs should make so you need to get some levels first before being able to PK or be PKed (that way beginners have enough time to learn the basics)
New PHP(browser) game in devellopement (v.1.1)

-Proud Member of Ragezone

fireofsoul

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 06:14:45 am »
A sort of beginner quest would\'nt go a miss, including all the basic facts, so a beginner has to complete it before being able to PvP etc...