Author Topic: Momentary panic  (Read 428 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Momentary panic
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:21:42 am »
The good news is glad to see migration beginning.  :D  :D

The bad news is there wasn\'t much warning (ok, NO warning in shutting down MB).  Since crystals will be transferred but not weapons, I never got a chance to sell my mug or falchion.  Will that still work??  I assume there\'s a difference between the server and the database?

I went to the merchant page and sold them and I think  it worked but how can I be sure?
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Frarda

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 11:39:10 am »
I don\'t think you can be sure, but from what I\'ve heard it should have worked... if you try to sell the items again and it tells you you don\'t have those items then thats a good sign.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 11:43:02 am »
Yep, it said I had 0 silver falchions but the transfer seemed to go through.  When I tried steel falchion, it said I had no such item.

I then tried to resell my mug and it said the same thing.  So seems it all turned out ok.   8)

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the \"no transaction box\".  It leads to a nice summary of one\'s finances.  So yes, the merchant page still works.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:54:25 am by Mordaan »

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 11:55:40 am »
Yes, the game server is down but the merchant pages are still open for last minute calls :)

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 12:37:21 pm »
Is there a way to check your amount of crystals?
I don\'t know how much I have on my old char :/
I tought I had 5-10 or something but not sure

And btw when you transfer is there a way to change your character name/class ablility\'s etc.?
I want to create a new character with my old crystals :)
Just becuase my current name sucks, and my race isn\'t the one I like most too (I want to be a Ylian :P)

thanks,
Rob

Frarda

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 12:50:22 pm »
Don\'t bother to transfer and you can go ahead and use a new name and a new char.

Transfer and you\'ll be stuck with the name but not with the char.

Alternatively, you could transfer, then make a new char, then log into the old one and give your new one all its items and then go back to your new one.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 02:34:57 pm »
To check current crystal count, buy something (like a mug) but select the box at the bottom :\"(If checked no transaction will be performed)\"
merchant

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 02:40:28 pm »
Yep, it said I had 0 silver falchions but the transfer seemed to go through. When I tried steel falchion, it said I had no such item.

Oh, I see...silver falchions don\'t seem to be on the list on the sellaction page.  (the page after merchantsell )

[quoting myself!  :rolleyes: ]