Author Topic: Exact change  (Read 505 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Exact change
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:41 pm »
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I did a search and didn't see anything...

All too often an NPC asks for x amount of tria for an item and I look in my inventory only to see all I have is circles.  It would be nice if we could make it so that either NPC's give us change when we give larger denominations or even better, if we could drop, for example, a circle on the octas slot and make 5 octas in place of the circle.  In other words we could drop any larger coin in one of the other slots and if an exact multipe, create the equivalent number of the smaller coins.

I also noticed from the cvs history that some work on stacking has been done lately.  Any chance we can soon pick up x amount from a stack rather than be forced to take the whole thing or nothing?  I recently encountered someone who dropped some ore because their magic wore off and they dropped the whole pile.  They couldn't pick it up and asked how they could just pick up what they could carry and leave the rest.  I just had to say it wasn't possible.  Seems that shouldn't really be that way.  Any plans in the works to fix that?
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Exact change
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:02:11 pm »
Sorry Mordaan that is work to fix a stacking bug in the head version of ps to go along with the new inventory code no changes to how you pick up a stack yet.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 03:08:16 pm »
Sorry Mordaan that is work to fix a stacking bug in the head version of ps to go along with the new inventory code no changes to how you pick up a stack yet.

Well I guess that means its even more appropriate its in the wish list.   :D
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 03:10:32 pm »
I'd say it's a bug, go ahead and report it on www.hydlaa.com/bugs if it's not reported already. Vengeance is currently working on the inventory code so if anyone wants this fixed you better ask it now ;)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Vrin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 08:33:55 am »
How about making a bank! thus different regions go on different currency.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 01:14:57 pm »
Mordaan,

I think both of those are pretty good ideas.  I'm totally sick of working on inventory, atm, however. :-)  I will add them to the prospect task list we keep for assignments to new contributors and perhaps it will get in in a version or two.  Or maybe I'll do them myself later if no one else picks them up.

Thanks for the good suggestions.