Author Topic: [OSP] Join the caravan to the Lake of Tears  (Read 739 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[OSP] Join the caravan to the Lake of Tears
« on: May 21, 2009, 01:50:32 pm »
[Overview

Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009

Time: 4PM ET  (8PM GMT)

Place to meet: Hydlaa Plaza

Destination: Lake of Tears, Bronze Door Road2]

Details

As you may have heard, the Explorers Guild with the help of the Octarchal Society for Progress is establishing an outpost near the Lake of Tears.  Saturday will be the build and we need people to help us get the materials from Hydlaa to the Outpost.  Even if you don't move anything yourself, you can witness the groundbreaking and setup of the initial camp.  We will meet at [4PM ET (or 8PM GMT … I hope I converted that right)] and once organized, the caravan will depart for the outpost.  There will be plenty of excitement and activity for all!   Pssst…we're working on a few surprises to make it a memorable event.   ;)

Come join the fun!

[OOC]
Here's what we are thinking: several people will be designated to carry supplies from Hydlaa to the lake.  How much will depend on how many items there are (still being worked out) and how many people there are.  Everyone participating will form a group.  Once there those carrying items will drop your payload and members of Explorers will place them according to our proposed layout.  Then later, we'll tidy up and add those final touches to make the final product.  We'll continue to make enhancements/changes during the week and following week you can join us once again for the official Grand Opening!
[/OOC]

Further details about the Outpost

The Lake of Tears Outpost will be a welcoming camp which will provide a respite for weary travelers between Hydlaa and the Eagle Bronze Doors.  It won't just be purely aesthetic either.  Cooking equipment will be included enabling you to practice your cooking skills.  An anvil may be included as well for some weapons and armor crafting.  It will be particularly convenient for those working with copper since there is a mine very close by (not to mention the nearby carrot patch for the cooks).  The outpost will be open to all.

This outpost will also be the central location for numerous events.  This includes a series of fairs to be held once per month with the following themes:
-Crafting fair (weapons and armor)
-Cooking fair/bake sale (display your favorite culinary creations)
-Mage fair (discuss everything magic)
-Poetry fair (calling all poets!)
-Botany fair (discuss everything about plants and herbs)
-Weapons fair/auction (display and discuss your best crafted and looted weapons)

In addition to monthly events, there will also be wilderness/survival training with such topics as:
- how to recognize herbs, which ones are dangerous and which ones are not?
- how to avoid bandits raids
- how to avoid being attacked by creatures
- how to make a map while traveling
- which are important landmarks one can use to navigate

The Outpost will also serve as grounds for hosting tournaments and organizing group hunts.  Find out all the details at the Grand Opening.

You can witness it from the start on Saturday as the Lake of Tears Outpost gets built.

[related links to read more about this project]
OSP event
OSP Q & A
Discussion of construction projects
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:49:35 pm by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Dalgin Xawanda

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [EVENT] Join the caravan to the Lake of Tears
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:33:24 pm »
Sounds exciting.  I'd join... except that I couldn't get on until after 9 GMT.  Is there any flexibility to the time?

carua

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »
Dalgin:It depends where you live here[Ireland] is actually GMT +1 now(I don't get it either) so you may be in time after all

Oh and Carua Toan Will be there.And Brings snacks!!! \\o//

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »
Sure, you can join in any time.  To be a member of the caravan who helps transporting something you'll have to be there earlier rather than later, but you can come to the site any time to view what is happening.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [OSP] Join the caravan to the Lake of Tears
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 05:57:31 am »
Saturday evening - great, this is a chance to attend. I just wonder who of my alts will take part in it... :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [OSP] Join the caravan to the Lake of Tears
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 08:47:43 pm »
Thanks to everyone for participating!  The caravan and outpost build was a success.  We even had a robbery and search for the thieves.  In all, it was a lot of fun.

[truely rare to get an event with that many people.  The lines to collect items for transport took over an hour.  We had 30+ people.  Thanks to all who joined in.  Now over the next week the outpost will be get more organized, things will be aligned just right, and the final touches will be added.  Then next Saturday we can gather once again for the grand opening and you can all see the final product.]

Join us next week for the official grand opening.  Food and drinks will be served, and we will have more details about the activities which will take place there, including the announcement of the first fair which will be held in June.