Author Topic: [OSP] Lake of Tears Outpost Grand Opening  (Read 875 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[OSP] Lake of Tears Outpost Grand Opening
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:19:19 am »
[Overview

Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time: 3PM ET  (7PM GMT)

Place to meet: Hydlaa Plaza

Destination: Lake of Tears, Bronze Door Road2]

Details
The turnout for the build was specatular!  I don't think we ever got a full count for the caravan but it was over 30 people.  When we left things, it was nice, but a little scattered and disorganized.  That was to be expected though.  [Hard for us mere players to be good decorators without the mad GM skillz!]  So I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you'll see at the Grand Opening!

We will all once again meet at Hydlaa Plaza and once organized (which shouldn't take nearly as long as handing out those items last week), we will have a race to the Lake of Tears.  Winners will recieve cash prizes (will be determined later in the week).  And once at the outpost, food and drinks will be available.

Also, we are looking to stock up on supplies.  So any potions, food and cooking ingredients, etc. you'd like to donate would be appreciated.

So join the big party as we celebrate the establishment of an outpost which will benefit all for a long time to come.  We will also make announcements regarding the first activities to be held at the outpost.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:21:23 am by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

carua

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [OSP] Lake of Tears Outpost Grand Opening
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:38:31 am »
Glad to Hear more about this,Myself and Elady have been working tirelessly to get the food ready for the Opening,Expect to be loosening your belts soon,gents  ;D

For the race do we have to stick to the roads?

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:36:30 pm »
Glad to Hear more about this,Myself and Elady have been working tirelessly to get the food ready for the Opening,Expect to be loosening your belts soon,gents  ;D

Excellent.  I should have added the caterers.   :)

For the race do we have to stick to the roads?

The race rules will be specified.  Stay tuned.

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:00:50 pm »
  "Didn't get ta join da caravan with yahs. I did get ta stop by an' sees da Ouypost though. Yah did a great job so far. I looks forward ta coming ta da Grand Opening as well. [ I think that is was great that the players were allowed to be involved with the setting up of the outpost. All who participated are to be congratulated on it]  I hope da Grand opening does even better then what yah says joined in da caravan. As I'm sure it will. The location and idea behind it were well thought out. Being in the outlands will provide a opportunity for adventure to all who travel along that road. I am looking forward to the things that will evolve from yah efforts.

" Congratulations and thanks Explorers and the others involved for the time an' efforts that yah has an' will be puttin inta outpost A great job really!"

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 02:55:56 pm »
Sorry I missed it.  My pc died so I'm out of luck.   :(

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
Here are some screenies :)

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:46:31 pm »
Yay,  I feel that everything turned out well being we had to revamp the plans on the spot!

Thank you all who helped with setup.  Thank you Elady and Carua for the excellent food.

And a special thanks to all the players who participated in the race for their patience. \\o//  I was flying by the seat of my pants and you all made it work. ;)

Great screenies Dajoji, thanks...I forgot to take any... :oops:
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Tazen

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 12:55:51 am »
Great work Dajoji!  \\o//

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:41:22 am »
Yes, thanks Dajoji, Thoss, Elady, Carua, and everyone else who helped out, especially the Explorers who stepped up in my absence.  And thanks for the screenies, Dajoji.  Very nice.  And great work with the final layout of the outpost.  It looks great!

It was such a helpless feeling driving to the repair shop with my pc in the trunk instead of being there.   :'(
Ah well, that's life, eh?  I guess ICly, Mordaan was trapped by a cave in somewhere.   ::)