Author Topic: [OSP] Next Lake of Tears Outpost fair - Discussion  (Read 747 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[OSP] Next Lake of Tears Outpost fair - Discussion
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:21:33 pm »
Ok, with 0.5 coming out, the Explorers monthly fair series has skipped December and January is almost done.  So it's time to get started with the series again.  Now we just need some ideas.  There have been a few good suggestions from previous brain storms but I want to find out what the community would like to see this time around.  For a date I am thinking Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010.  But that can be easily moved back if we need more time for planning.  For those of you who haven't been to or heard of one of the previous events, the idea is a community fair with a theme.

Rather than pointing out some ideas for starters, I'm going to start from scratch.  Let's see what we can come up with.   :detective:
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [OSP] Next Lake of Tears Outpost fair - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »
Organise a fair with a tournament?
For example: hold a running match (from the entrance of the Outpost to the gate and back) ??
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:02:31 pm »
    Some time ago someone suggested to me about holding a hunting camp there at the outpost. Where hunters could come gather into a small groups and go out hunting together. While those that didn't hunt could enjoy a meal and share stories around the campfire.

The setting also provides a chance for some sells and the hunters would need buyers for what they bring in.

Maybe a vender that needs a large amount of furs, skins hearts, claws or any or all of the parts that can be gathered from the surrounding area.

That could also be extended to include hunting or gathering of selected herbs, flowers or vegetables can can be gathered.

It could be a good chance for characters to meet and  adventure with someone they don't know. For younger characters to learn from more experienced characters.

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »
[Umm? waiting for my update. Here's a better summary]

Hunting camp or great hunt

<Trading Company>

<Character(s)> are in need of a rather large supply of Ulbernaut /Malbernaut furs, and tefusung/Marfusung hides

A high number that is difficult but attainable for maybe 10 to 20 participants in a few hours

Encourage experienced hunters to work with less experienced hunters in hunting parties, Have experienced hunters who are willing to teach, offer to form  hunting parties.

<Character(S) are in need of a rather large volume and variety of local herbs, and/or flowers, vegetables, mushrooms etc.

Set a high number but reasonable being herbs and related items take longer to re-spawn or to get to.

Though this seems the less exciting pursuit, it really isn't. It provides and easy environment for less developed characters to share a similar experience as the hunt while participating in the event. It would involve and provide a better oppurtunity for character to character RP.

(Items can be purchased under the normal selling price to participants or they can just gather them for the fun of the event. Splitting the loot at the end. If it is to be purchased. I know several guilds probably came into some extra trias this week and may donate a few to help out. The CoD would]

Base camp at the outpost
  Hire or ask someone to cater the event. Letting them sell drinks for a few trias. Food can be sold or offered for free.

A few smiths could could be asked, or offer to come and bring a few weapons to sell to hunters or to offer repairs between hunting trips.

Camp followers, there are always some that come just for the excitement, and the chance to say they were there. They usually sit around the camp and eat the best of the food while the others are out and tell stories and jokes to each other around the fire. They also provide the background for those hunting. gathering or just passing through.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:10:53 am »
there should be races, havin two or three people go at a time, but it up as a tounry and see who gets to certain places first..
but ya.. a race would be cool ^.^
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Syenna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:24:36 am »
A feast, maybe?

Get waiters/bartenders, a handful of cooks, and some bards/storytellers. Lay out appetizers on the row of tables and serve drinks beforehand. Have the chefs roleplay doing knife tricks and such while preparing the main course, and then the bards/storytellers do their thing as dessert is prepared.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:15:57 am »
yes i am an expert at making sliced apples :D
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:54 am »
How about a "scavenger hunt"; I have a few interesting places in mind, which may require also a little knowledge of the sights in this area (hint: read signposts).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:15:07 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:34 am »
Hmm, ok.  Perhaps a hunters fair.  That could work.  Maybe have groups get certain amounts of various loot items.  (e.g. 3 clacker meat, 4 consumer antennae, 2 ulber furs, etc...).  The more participants, the more competition for spawns.  Knowledge of where creatures are could provide an advantage.  We could divide into equal groups depending on how many participate.

We could also always have a race or scavenger hunt of some sort as an added activity.

Food and drinks shouldn't be a problem.  The Stonehead has once again offered to take care of that.   :D

I like the smith idea too.  A good opportunity for some merchants to sell good crafted weapons to would be hunters.  Thanks Jaycol.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 03:54:47 am »
Roled has always wondered where the legendary 'staircases' to the other levels that he read about in the Library are. Perhaps an archeological expedition explaining the ruins around - like who built them and when and why and how and how did they get destroyed and what the heck is the big honking snake clawed rabbit thing in the DR all about...
* Roled grins.
Roled Rolak
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »
Ok, I wasn't going to, but I'm going to go ahead with this even as planned on this upcoming Saturday 2/13/10.  But practical idea behind this has changed somewhat.  It will now be more about coming together and trying to get everyone the needed animal parts/hides people are looking for that have become more elusive due to mobs being much harder to kill.

So, if you're looking for animal parts you can't seem to get on your own, attend the Hunters Fair and group together to get what you need.  It will also be an ideal place for merchants with a good supply of parts/hides to find those willing to pay for parts instead.  This also ties in nicely to the Clean Your Guildhouse thread.   :D

Sorry for the short notice.  Hopefully we will get a good crowd at the outpost this Saturday so we can have some good sized groups.

I'll make an official IC thread in the RP section soon.