Author Topic: Unarmored Skill, and Mana pot upgrade.  (Read 431 times)

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Unarmored Skill, and Mana pot upgrade.
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:04:08 pm »
So for starters, There should be a skill, to defends yourself, while unarmored, it would train the same as the other armors do. But the skill would be in use for, when a person wears Nothing, or they are wearing simple clothing. The skill makes sense in my mind, as a person would be 'most' able to doge, without any armor at all, and people can build up a resistance to pain. As i have noticed, IRL i seem to have a high pain tolerance when it comes to breaking my bones....But an example, would be, if you walk barefoot, over a gravely road, all the time, eventually the bottom of your feet harden, and its hurts almost not at all. Another example, is that a person hits you on the arm, over and over again, in the same spot everyday, eventually you dont feel it anymore, this is the kind of thing i mean by this, but feel free to add to the idea.
Also, since unarmored, and Melee would corrispond, just as daggers and LA sword MA and axe HA seem to do, I figure they would go to the same level as each other, but thats a thought.

My other wish, is about the mana potions, as i have noticed today, The regular mana potion, Heals around 25 mana, compared to the maximum, 222 mana, or more if you have buffs..Since the string of quests for the sleep glyph is broken, as far as i am aware, Its about time mana potions are tweaked a little bit, as the greater mana potions only heal around 50 mana. Compare the mana you get to the price it costs, and your are out 3k every 300 mana or so you use....

Instead of these set numbers for mana potions, mana potions should heal a % of your mana, Minor mana potions, around 20% Normal mana potions around 40% Greator mana potions, around 75% and then there should be a Masterade mana potion, or somthing of the such, implemented to heal 100%
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmored Skill, and Mana pot upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 04:43:13 pm »
The series of quests for the sleep glyph is not broken currently.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:01 pm »
right, as sarva mentione, that quest line isn't broken.
for unarmored, you're never really unarmored. if you don't wear any armor, you have your "natural armor" which falls under light armor

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »
I don't really see the connection between these two wishes.
For the idea about unarmored defense skills, I see two options. Leave unarmored characters defense unaffected by armor skills or associate it with light armor. A new skill does not make much sense.
For the potions, I agree that they do not regenerate much, but I would not compare them with relaxing sleep , which in its current form should not be considered an intended game feature. I think it should really only regenerate mana that ridiculously fast when it makes the caster unable to do anything else in the meanwhile.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 05:21:43 pm »
right, as sarva mentione, that quest line isn't broken.
for unarmored, you're never really unarmored. if you don't wear any armor, you have your "natural armor" which falls under light armor
so your telling me, if I were maxed in Light armor, and i fought somthing with no armor on at all, it 'wouldnt' hurt me as much as if i had 0 skill in it? If not, then your comment is somewhat invalid.
I don't really see the connection between these two wishes.
There is no Connection, I just didnt want to make more then 1 topic at a time.
For the potions, I agree that they do not regenerate much, but I would not compare them with relaxing sleep
I was not comparing them, I was saying that otehr then the low power potions, they are one of the 'only' other ways to heal mana.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:10 am »
I agree with the potions, before it was no problem because they were really cheap. Now they are just a rip off and waste of trias. They bearly heal mana, they are VERY heavy and very expensive.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 02:17:01 am »
The series of quests for the sleep glyph is not broken currently.
Unfortunately it is a rather hard quest line, and a rather unlawful. I would enjoy an alternative...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty