Author Topic: Extend crafting animation to repairs  (Read 624 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Extend crafting animation to repairs
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »
Not sure if this has been suggested but one thing I'd like to see that's totally doable (I would think) is...

Extend the current animation for crafting to armor and weapons repair.  Maybe something specific is planned for repairs, but for now, it shouldn't be to hard to apply the existing crafting animation when repairing.  One benefit of this is for those standing around the plaza repairing weapons...this would signify they are doing something rather than just standing around with a weapon drawn.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: Extend crafting animation to repairs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
Yeah, that wy we'd laugh twice… one when we craft, and another when we repair. *grumbles*

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:11:21 pm »
This is probably already said on these forums somewhere. But yes it would be lovely to see, but no it won't happen in another quadrillion years at this stage. Animators are hard to find. So probably for the meantime the devs could implement an automatic action, said in the main tab. Saying something like "X has just began repairing his weapon"
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:51:49 pm »
This is probably already said on these forums somewhere. But yes it would be lovely to see, but no it won't happen in another quadrillion years at this stage. Animators are hard to find. So probably for the meantime the devs could implement an automatic action, said in the main tab. Saying something like "X has just began repairing his weapon"
The crafting action thing, is already implemented in case you missed that, it doesnt seem like it would be very hard at all, to have it happen during repairs.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 12:17:19 am »
The crafting action thing, is already implemented in case you missed that, it doesnt seem like it would be very hard at all, to have it happen during repairs.

Well I don't know these animations, but what will they be doing for repair, if they are randomly standing there pretending to be banging an anvil when they are just doing air it won't be nice. Probably a new animation where they open a box and kneeling while sharpening there blade, would be the preferred animation.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:26 am »
There is new animation for crafting added a few weeks ago.  From what I have seen of it, it looks quite appropriate for repair work.   :)
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »
it doesnt look like banging, you are holding your hands together, and the items move around kinda, it 'would' look like working on a weapon
if you dont know somthing, dont bother replying :P
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:25 am »
it doesnt look like banging, you are holding your hands together, and the items move around kinda, it 'would' look like working on a weapon
more likely trying to kill yourself :P

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:19:12 am »
Hehe how did you get killing out of that

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:31:50 am »
try it with a claymore :P

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:02 pm »
Hahaha good one Weltall.

Well I don't know these animations