Author Topic: To the people spamming the RP server  (Read 577 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
To the people spamming the RP server
« on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:45 pm »
Stop it. We the RPers are getting tired of your little "INSTANT TRIA" books (with prices set to scam the newbies, by the way). I know this thread is similar to another posted a while back, but since you seem to ignore it, well… here I go. RP your way to buy ores, that's why you are in the RP server, don't use the lame books. I will take and burn down in a furnace or similar any book I find misplaced - that is, in mines, forges, taverns… somewhere out of an In Game billboard. Also:

Quote from: Dajoji
If you need to drop items for roleplay, clean up after yourself - and don't expect the items to remain if you don't.

Drop items for short time decorations at your own risk. GMs cannot get items back for you, as once something is on the ground and away from your guard range, you lose ownership rights.

Be warned that lost items and money due to server failures or lag will not be replaced by GMs. Please avoid posting petitions regarding these issues because exceptions are not made unless directed by the developers in specific situations.

Signed: a pissed off fenki.

PS: If you don't know how to RP, learn it or migrate to Ezpcusa. 'Nuff said.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: To the people spamming the RP server
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »
Where's my PS adblock? :D

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »
They've recently implemented the Nigerian Scammer race, Mishka. This is all a terrible mistake, calm down.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:01:04 pm »
I have picked up about 30 of those books and sold them to Jayose for 40 tria each.Do not listen to her and by the gods continue to post them.
Your biggest fan,Catlemur.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »
*Travosh whistles and continues to build BoC targets out of spam books

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
realito doesn't use the forum.

this isn't a matter of roleplaying. it's scamming. if you want to burn or sell the books, go ahead. it's perfectly in-character.

actually, since this is also neglect of the rules, maybe a GM should take action? i destroyed a couple of his books, but some people who never read the rules told me it was rude... you know who you are!  >:( lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:05:48 pm by Sarras Volcae »

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:30:14 am »
I'm a bit confused how they are scamming the newbies with this? I mined something like 12 tin ores in the space of 8-10 minutes and made 12000 tria!

• Unrealistic prices? Well certainly better than the NPCs... maybe it gives newbies a bit of a quick head start, but if they took the time to read the books, mine the ore and find the players (and hopefully talk to them in an RPing way), then they're doing something right surely?

• Annoying advertisements? Possibly, but I personally don't find them annoying. I find all items interesting, worth reading about and helping to create an immersive RP atmosphere.

If there is some sort of scam, then fair enough (and please explain what the scam actually is!)- but so far I think it's just a bit of healthy advertising. Perhaps we simply need more dedicated advertisement boards in-game to where these things can be posted and expected. I'm surprised there isn't one in Ojaveda near Trasok, or in either of the taverns... Amdeneir, Gugrontid, The Winch, and the Bronze doors also should have them, along with any small layover or heavily mined area (the camp on the river between Hydlaa and Oja for instance).

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:09 am »
To the people spamming the off topic forums with ingame junk

Stop it. We the normal forum users are getting tired of your little "WHINE" posts (with dull postings set to ward the newbies off the forums, by the way). I know this thread has probably been posted before, a while back, but it was probably in the right section so I ignored it, well… here I go. POST your threads in the correct sub form, that's why they were created, don't use the readership of the plaza board to get your message across. I will fill any further posts I find with mindless natterings - that is pretty much just posts in the plaza forum. I mean, those little descriptors under each pretty much describe what goes where. Also:

Welcome to Hydlaa Plaza! This board is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss things not related to PlaneShift with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the Form Rules before posting.

Please note that off-topic doesn't mean anything goes.  Obvious spam type posts, flame baits, and anything in violation of the main forum rules will be removed.  Topics that are random or silly are okay for the Off-Topic forum, so long as they are made in good taste.

Note: Posts of a Political, Religious, or Sexual Nature
Such posts are considered trolling, as they incite personal attacks and flaming, and the latter may be inappropriate for all ages. Do not make them. There are many places on the Internet that welcome such discussions; the PlaneShift forums are not one of those places.

hugs and kisses, drey

PS: If you don't know how to post, learn it or migrate to /b/?. 'Nuff said.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:57:14 am by Drey »
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 06:10:55 am »
blah blah blah troll troll u mad?

Alrgiht-o, if this thread needs to be moved, then move it. But if it's true and Realito (or any other player from his guild) doesn't visit the forums, then guess this thread is over? Anyways, if you other players are tired of this, then don't burn the books… take them and copy them. Make them pay, I don't know, 500 tria per copper ore. Be creative.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."