Author Topic: Don't trust lesbian bloggers!  (Read 897 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Don't trust lesbian bloggers!
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:50 am »
One case: A Gay Girl in Damascus

Another case: Lez Get Real

Both could have been single incidents.

If there wasn't a susprising connection between both...

:-* :love:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
Re: Don't trust lesbian bloggers!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:50:48 pm »
LigH, why are you so perverted!? -.-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:54:13 pm by Knightspark9 »
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:25:41 pm »
Why are you so prude? Blame your parents. Not me.

"Perversion" just means "your own lack of tolerance". Simply don't read threads you would not like to read. I was fair with you, choosing an obvious title.

And by the way, the substance of this topic is a completely different one: Honesty, expectations, scammed scammers. Sexual orientation is just a marginal aspect.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »
i think he's referring to the photo. it's not kid-friendly. but neither is this board. also, he's a failtroll.

this has nothing to do with scamming. those men thought they wouldn't be taken seriously if they had used their real identities. much like women of earlier centuries, they had to write under the guise of the opposite sex. and i really doubt they were cybering. that photo is unrelated.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:02:23 am »
You are right ... a low self-esteem and a compulsion for fame are factors I forgot.

The photo is based on the opinion of the blogger who gave me the sources I pasted here. Original blog entries here and there (german). They are related to the common jokes:

Internet chats – the place where men are men, women are men, and kids are undercover FBI agents.

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls

Furthermore, PlaneShift is no exception. How many lesbian characters do you know who are/were played by men? ... You can stop counting. Your list will probably contain a Diaboli and a Nolthrir at least.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:11:44 am »
That guy looks like love child

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:18 am »
It's one thing to play a character of the opposite sex on an mmorpg - we expect that, at least when it comes to men playing women - but a (I'm assuming) cisgender man writing a blog posing as a lesbian seems kind of wrong to me. Do they know what it's like? Do they realize that some girl that hasn't come out yet might have looked up to them and then upon discovering it was a charade, stay in the closet because the thing giving them the courage to come out was a lie? I'm not normally against making one's gender unclear. I know of authors that, as Sarras pointed out, write under psuedonyms that may or may not sound female because it'll garner them more popularity, and have no problem with those - but that's lying by omission, whereas these men are deliberately deceiving their readers.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:15:21 am by Candy »
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:25 am »
I don't know anything about the second blog mentioned, but the first one had nothing really to do with sex or sexuality. the guy was trying to raise awareness on the political situation in Syrria and the Middle East, but the blog got too out of hand when someone had posted that the "girl" writing the blog had been kidnapped by the government. first people were up in arms saying, "how dare you kidnap an innocent civilian!" and now they're like, "how dare you pretend to be someone you're not!"
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:22 am »
Furthermore, PlaneShift is no exception. How many lesbian characters do you know who are/were played by men? ... You can stop counting. Your list will probably contain 90% of fenkis at least.

fixed

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:06 am »
I'm not trolling... I just don't understand why people look at these things, and playboy and whatnot. It's all disgusting if you ask me.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:29 am »
Well, people are different. Partially by inheritance, partially by parental education.

Some level of interest in sex is natural, without we would already be extinct.

And some level of curiosity about the unusual is natural too.

If you are not as much interested as others, it is your choice to either ignore those doing what you don't like, or to spoil it all for them. So far it appears that you prefer to be intolerant.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:16 am »
Well, people are different. Partially by inheritance, partially by parental education.

Some level of interest in sex is natural, without we would already be extinct.

And some level of curiosity about the unusual is natural too.

If you are not as much interested as others, it is your choice to either ignore those doing what you don't like, or to spoil it all for them. So far it appears that you prefer to be intolerant.

Well, I was brought up differently, which probably explains my attitude.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 10:02:53 am »
Well, I was brought up differently, which probably explains my attitude.

Except in the case of siblings, aren't we all brought up differently?

- Nova

bilbous

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:42 am »
I don't know if any of you saw that first blog's post but it was quite a touching story about how two losers came to the family's home to rape and pillage the lesbian for being such a thing but her daddy manfully verbally shamed them into skulking off with their tails drooping by sheer force of reason. It was too good to be true.

@knightspark9: Maybe you don't realize it but there is more truth to that picture than is seemly. While the model in the picture may not be fooling anyone by pretending to be female the anonymity provided by technology allows others to do so. LiGH's post is not a personal perversion on his part as it is a timely piece of advice to youngsters that all is not as it seems.

If you don't like it then perhaps the Internet is something you should avoid. Then again you should also probably avoid the entertainment industry as well.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 04:50:19 pm »
I'm not trolling... I just don't understand why people look at these things, and playboy and whatnot. It's all disgusting if you ask me.

you're a pervert. quit acting like you're not.