Author Topic: Magic Fair - event announcment  (Read 1366 times)

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
Re: Magic Fair - event announcment
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 04:58:20 am »
Thanks Mordaan for the hard work. I'm glad I attended the auctions at least.
Thanks Erelenga for the notes.

\\o//

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »
all OOC remarks here:

i am sorry that i could not make it to the fair as i had IRL things going on at the time :(

i read the logs and i disagree with Gilrond that crystal and dark are not elements

all magic is derived from the crystal, see? crystal way would be the purest form of energy, all other ways are simply spectrums of that same energy, including dark, hence all ways are elements.

it is also said, and not having been discussed that the shadowcaster school will have an opposed school too eventually, same requirements for this school: adept in all ways, master in none. This school (i have been told) will be the most powerfull school and will have spell combinations of supposedly 4 glyphs .

(i have been told so by Rlydontknow)

those are just my 2 coins

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:10 pm »
It depends from what is for you an "element".
I think you should start a new thread about it.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 01:56:56 pm »
i read the logs and i disagree with Gilrond that crystal and dark are not elements
all magic is derived from the crystal, see? crystal way would be the purest form of energy, all other ways are simply spectrums of that same energy, including dark, hence all ways are elements.

It's similar to what I meant, but not exactly. Elements by definition mean division. I.e. something whole consisting of its elements. Crystal denotes the collective nature of magic, thus it intrinsically includes them all (all elements). While other 4 are refractions, like you said. You can consider the metaphor of light - pure white includes all colors (which represent its elements). If you are to speak in alchemy terms, there are 4 elements (which denote 4 states of matter), and there is proto element, which produces them, implicitly including them all. So, Azure Crystal represent the inclusive nature, transmitting the magical flow through the elements into the Dark Crystal. Transmitting and receiving paradigms (male and female aspects) are fundamental, so they can be found in any element interactions too. In that sense I called AW and DW special.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:05:15 pm by Gilrond »

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 06:15:47 am »
not really, the 4 you mention are the elements defined by the Greek, namely Plato....

but in magic there are 5 elements, spirit is also an element :)

why do you think the pentagram is a 5 pointed star.. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:17:44 am by Perlam »

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:25 am »
4 elements are quite universal, not limited to Greek (they are actually found in a whole number of alchemical and mystical schools). They aren't accidental, as I said they correspond to 4 states of matter - solid, liquid, gas and plasma. "Spirit" element is what I meant by protoelement, which is also called "yuli". It stands apart from other 4, because it actually produces them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:35:46 am by Gilrond »