Author Topic: The Smithy gets condemned  (Read 342 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The Smithy gets condemned
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »
A kran guard decked out in what you would expect a guard to be wearing casually walks up to Harnquist's smithy and posts a notice on the side.  As kra pushes in the small nail to fasten the notice, the whole side shakes and a shingle falls from the roof.  The guard shakes kra's head and begins to walk away.  The notice states in large lettering:

By order of the Octarchy, this structure has been condemned.

Onlookers immediately notice the parchment and begin to murmur.  Harnquist looks around the corner and gets the attention of the guard as kra walks away.

Harnquist: Wha?  What's the meaning of this?!?  Harnquist throws his arms in the air as he takes a quick glance at the notice.  Why?  Who is responsible for this?

The guard turns around and tries to address Harnquist reassuringly.

Guard: Really? You need to ask?  Kra looks the rickety shack up and down.  Don't worry, sir.  This is good news I should think.  This old building, if you can even call it that, needs to come down.  You'll be getting a brand new smithy building in it's place.  This comes straight from the Vigesimi, herself.

Harnquist: Oh, I see.  Well, yes, I have put in numerous requests for a new building.  I guess I stopped trying to expect it.  It's been so long.  Yes, this is good news indeed.  When is this going to happen?

Guard: I do believe the materials are ready and the workers are being assembled.  So it should be any day now.  The guard leans in toward Harnquist and speaks softly.  I got a quick peek at the blueprints over Miss Stronghand's shoulder as I was getting my orders.  I think you'll be quite pleased.

Harnquist smiles and walks back to his station and the guard walks off.

[OOC: I was kinda pushing to get such a notice put in game but I haven't been able to get a hold of Marathal.  So I decided to put a little RP here.   ;) ]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:00:02 pm by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: The Smithy gets condemned
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:02:22 pm »
Well, no one prevents you from putting it yourself for RP purposes :)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »
Go Mordaan!  \\o//

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 04:21:12 am »
[ yay. The smithes are going to RP now? ;)

*hugs Mordaan for that* ]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:35:03 am by Jilata »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 04:24:40 am »
[ It is easier to catch Marathal than to make all players respect such a sign... ]

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 12:09:41 pm »
Woohoo! New smithy!  :flowers:
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.