Author Topic: Settings Blog: Pterosaur Travel updates.  (Read 453 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Settings Blog: Pterosaur Travel updates.
« on: October 03, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »
So, the work mentioned here has been discussed publicly a few times in game but I'm adding it here so everyone can see.

For the longest time people have been asking "Why isn't there a pterosaur we can use to fast travel to the bronze door fortress?" Originally I think it was felt the area was a "High level" area so you shouldn't fast travel there, though I'm not really sure what the reason was.

This view is no longer the case and we have added a pterosaur in the fortress, the idea here is increased playability. Using this fast travel will be a little different to other pterosaurs as access is by quest only. That quest will originate in the fortress, and once you complete it you be rewarded by being allowed to travel to and from the fortress by pterosaur.

It was also brought to my attention that the travel time for the pterosaur was too long, so we have looked at that and reduced the time taken for many of the travel routes. This is again in an attempt to improve playability, by reducing the amount of time you literally can't do anything.

We have also added options to allow travel from any city to any city. The Hydlaa<->Amdeneir path is still the only free one as it's the only way to get there. So once you have completed the new quest you will also be able to travel to and from any city and the fortress.

This work is all completed and is set to be fully released in the next update.

Enjoy.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Settings Blog: Pterosaur Travel updates.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:14:20 pm »
We have also added options to allow travel from any city to any city. The Hydlaa<->Amdeneir path is still the only free one as it's the only way to get there. So once you have completed the new quest you will also be able to travel to and from any city and the fortress.

Bravo! \\o//

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:16:02 pm »
at least people won't be treating the dr as a shortcut anymore
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »
This is going to make a lot of people too happy.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:11:21 pm »
Absolutely, we can't have happy campers in Yliakum. It just isn't PlaneShift if people are not complaining. Why next thing you know it will be swamped with oldbies returning from the world of wars craftily usurping the rightful place of the dedicated newcomers.

WTG Team! I especially like the reduced times.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to doing the quest.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 02:05:26 am »
\\o// Games are played for fun. Real life is already annoying enough.

I wonder if the place will be on the head of the stone eagle. I see no other reason why there would be a kind of compass rose ornament.

But I have seen other placing of things which ignored the settings and even common sense... (e.g. White Oak not on mountain peaks, Red Mangrove on dry land instead of ponds).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:51:15 am »
(Details deleted)
Thank you so much for your work. I can't wait to do the quest.

This work is all completed and is set to be fully released in the next update.

SoonTM?

Enjoy.

Definitely!

Gonger

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 05:33:04 am »
But I have seen other placing of things which ignored the settings and even common sense... (e.g. White Oak not on mountain peaks, Red Mangrove on dry land instead of ponds).

if you find a better location for an harvest-able spot please file a bug in the bugtracker, the task should also contain a /pos with a suggestion for the new location. If we think the new place is more suitable we'll move the harvest-able spot.