Author Topic: Baldur's Art Thread  (Read 35148 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Baldur's Art Thread
« Reply #315 on: October 05, 2014, 02:20:06 pm »
Ah ha! So that's how you did it. Well it is an interesting effect. The Cybernaut suit reminds me a little of Tron as well which brings up an interesting idea. Where is his weapon? It's not safe to go alone in Cyberspace. ;)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #316 on: October 05, 2014, 02:21:21 pm »
Ah ha! So that's how you did it. Well it is an interesting effect. The Cybernaut suit reminds me a little of Tron as well which brings up an interesting idea. Where is his weapon? It's not safe to go alone in Cyberspace. ;)

He doesn't need a weapon, his body is a weapon  :sorcerer:

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 05, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »
I hope he's got matrix like reflexes and cyber-reality altering abilities then. :)

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #318 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:29 pm »
He doesn't need to fight. He's not a man. He's a concept, an idea spread across the world ;)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:53:02 pm by Baldur »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 05, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »
Ah, I see now.

After thought:
Hey Baldur, could you please post Bradley somewhere again? :D He's gone now:
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=23933.msg397947#msg397947

Although you do really good more elaborate art, Bradley is my all time favorite for reasons of cuteness. :love:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:57:39 pm by Illysia »

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 02, 2014, 10:25:55 am »
Mired in the static of suffocating data, the mind man, our new vitruvian, rests in  limbo between the  autonomous venturer and the collective subconscious. Your work lends itself well to the concepts at play. You always have had a knack for using digital media intimately, producing the bespoke instead of the reductive. I'm always looking forward to new entries here.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2014, 06:04:45 am »
Mired in the static of suffocating data, the mind man, our new vitruvian, rests in  limbo between the  autonomous venturer and the collective subconscious. Your work lends itself well to the concepts at play. You always have had a knack for using digital media intimately, producing the bespoke instead of the reductive. I'm always looking forward to new entries here.
That sure is prosaic praise right there, thanks man! We've both had time to become more refined. Unfortuately I'm still too unproductive to make things on a regular basis, even WHILE doing a master's in Media Design and Communication. :P

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2015, 02:47:26 pm »
As if with anniversary and thanks, looking through this thread... It's been more than a decade since I started drawing. You made it happen, you -all of you- pushed me to become better. I am so thankful, because your support helped me so much. I was a lost young man back when I started with my initial fish-drawings, and slowly -together- we built up my skills and selfconfidence, until (somehow) there was a quantum leap and I 'walked all on my own'. You made it possible for me to surpass my expectations. I love all of you guys for discovering my talent, and I wish you discover yours too.  :love:

Here's my latest, a mushroom landscape set in an alternate history where -instead of animals and plants- fungi now dominate earth. I hope you like it. It took me a few months of procrastination  ::)

Reading through this makes me want to get even better, and quicker! If there's any feedback (for old times sake) then don't hesitate to comment  :beta:

EDIT: Don't mind the right left corner, it's unfinished  :innocent:
EDIT2: Image fixed (for vanity's sake)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:12:35 pm by Baldur »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »
Nice eerie surreal landscape.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2015, 03:31:56 pm »
Exceptional science fiction illustration! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »
So many incredible artists have been appearing on the forums lately! It's so cool seeing everyone's individual styles.

Baldur, that incredible work of art right there tells an entire story. Great job!  :flowers:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:54:53 am by Demagul Riwe »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 25, 2015, 08:04:14 pm »
Hiya Baldur. That is a really interesting picture although the colors made me think of a blending of land and sea first. My favorite part is really the ground though. I really like the look of the ground. Kinda beachy.  :D

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2015, 06:28:07 pm »
Thanks guys, even though I feel a bit bad. It's like I'm cheating, this isn't even Planeshift art :D I have a condition, it's called oversharing my pictures with people who appreciate them  :-[  :whistling:

LigH: Oh yeah! It seems I'll be going down that path, I've been too inspired by space novels  ;D
Demagul: Thank you dear, I do my best to give you eye candies :)
Illysia: Yeah I thought it should have had been more rough and earthy, being that they're mushrooms after all :D I can probably explain everything away with a lore entry, hehe ;) Next image will most likely focus on that :) The ground was mainly textures, got lazy... :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:49:42 am by Baldur »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
I like the ground textures. It makes me think of stromatolites.

Semutara

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I am awsome - live with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2015, 11:45:13 am »
Ohh Baldur, that looks awesome! Good job! :)