Author Topic: Baldur's Art Thread  (Read 35349 times)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
Re: Baldur's Art Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2006, 09:24:43 am »
Baldur, It's looking great, although it's a relatively dark drwing on a dark background, so I got a special request for you :) Could you show me the same picture on a somewhat lighter background? Other then that It's looking awsome, and I was waiting for some nature-like homes in some far far away place, like the sewers. Uh-ow... you got me all excited and insired.

Here we go, Prog :)
Added some shadows and highlights while being at it, should be a bit brighter now.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2006, 01:12:55 pm »
I love it Baldur :thumbup:
This is a great addition to Adraax

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2006, 03:04:13 pm »
Thanks, mate :)
Have a less toned version, i'll send it tomorrow. Just want to get the highlights right.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2006, 06:56:52 am »

K, hope that fixed it, also posted a lighter and unedited version.

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2006, 09:14:56 am »
Looking very good mate! Love the idea of the creating characters that live in houses like that, must be much like levrus, only smell funnier. I would love to see one of these IG, an entire village of those even! And ofcourse, a fitting mushy comminuty of NPC;s :)
yours, the entertainer

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2006, 09:34:04 am »

I like this one best :)
You should post this in the Adraax thread and see how the team likes it.
I think it is perfectly fitting for Adraax, and see nothing that needs to be changed.

Very well done :thumbup:

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2006, 12:19:18 pm »
Second WIP..

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Belark/KlyrosTownHallUpgradedBakucopy-1.jpg
Crappy lineart, still crappy colors. I took a few ideas from Inca's concepts, the perspective and some of the texture. What I need help with, Inca, anyone, is the lineart and coloring. Any viewpoint, the choice is yours. Oh, and here's the original lineart.

It's a work on the "Klyronian swamp-townhall" aka "Upgraded Baku" aka "Floatie Klesstron Cabin."
I worked more on the wrinkly feeling and I have really bad conscience for never making any "solid" structures :P I'l have to makesome fish cabin or something...
So, well, it's not done yet! Weak shades so shadows'll have to be added either traditionally or computer-wise.

Edit:
What I want is more alternatives to choose from when training coloring, it would be great if I found a better, more effective way of coloring or drawing. That's why I'm in need for as many tips as possible( And how much haven't I used this thread for tips, so sorry :D)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 04:25:10 pm by Baldur »

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2006, 12:21:59 pm »
Wow dude they look so sweet! Keep up the good work!!!

Looking at pictures like these almost make me jealous  :love:

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/1638/youare6ml.swf

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2006, 12:57:02 pm »
Thank you, Soulless. Comments like those are always appreciated :)

Sick of this lineart and feel like killing someone...Or at least ripping this picture apart.

As I said I was aiming more at resembling Inca style as I appreciate it very much, unfortunately my "style" or way of doing lineart isn't always the best.
I realized first when I was nearly finished with the lines that the chairs and the table inside that little hub were completely out of perspective, also I was once again to lazy to work on putting the colors in "symbiosis" which would have been lovely, the problem is Klesstron's color resembles wood, which, in fact the hooks, chairs and tables are made of. Brown here, brown everywhere. I just can't spoil it that way. Also I competely forgot about the shades, the crucial shades. I*m too sick of even starting on those :|

Carp, at least I found a pleasant effect...

13:13 25 November
At least yesterday it was bad :) It was getting really late and I was sick tired of this and just wanted to quit :D
I*m not going to begin on that again because the lines overall were a little bit too thick, you'll have to have a bit more variation if you want it to look good :)

26 November 2006
I've calmed down now and put the lineart together in unspoiled, a bit cleaned up condition.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Belark/KlesstronTownhallcopy-1.jpg
Sigh, were did my "I want to make everything beautiful and cute!" sentimentality gone lately.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:00:34 am by Baldur »

Kiraki

• Hydlaa Resident
  • The tendancy towards chaos is a universal law
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2006, 03:52:21 am »

Looks like a place that can be confusing to walk through on the inside as well as the outside.   :P

Would like to see it once it is finished  :)  Looking good so far, second one is definately better.  ;)

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2006, 05:49:04 am »
really looks loke a cool place to live :) really smooth and cozy, Keep up the good work Baldur :), you're improving
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2006, 02:52:37 pm »
Why do I always get these butterflies in my stomach...

These are depth practices. Got some more at school but they're ooold..
Training to get back to my old style ':|

(That's sumeth for you, Kir ;] Thanks for the support these past days..)
* Baldur hands Kiraki and a yet-to-be-named friend a strawberry

Still rough shadows, a little bit off on the lighter and lighted sides... The stalk could've been better shaded.

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2006, 03:32:28 pm »
Sorry I haven't gotten here sooner Baldur .....

Visually the last two pictures you have posted are quite neat. My eyes see them for what you have posted them to be but also see other things as well. Like the start of really cool tattoo with the last picture you posted.

I really like your idea of the Klyronian swamp-townhall. Just curious would this be a small town hall or a large one? I think it is very unique and I am not sure what advice I could give because I can't think of anything that would be helpful to you this time around. Keep it coming Baldur you have some pretty awesome idea's in that head of yours.
Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2006, 03:11:06 am »
Hmm, it's supposed to be moderately big judging by that townhalls tend to be big but the small community of swamp citizens decimates it to mid sizes.
Perhaps..1½ stories and about 9 meters in diameter?

First time my head's ever been complimented ^_^
Haven't done anything right now but a deal of work should be put down on future works, doesn't mean I might post horrible art, just a pointer. I expect to do greater quality in the future.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2006, 07:23:39 am »
I look forward to any work you post, I enjoy your style :)

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum