Author Topic: PvP Server  (Read 880 times)

Grand Zero

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
PvP Server
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:15:44 pm »
hello, I\'d like to see a full scale pvp version of planeshift (i.e. a pvp server) with the following rules:

1) one random item loot drop on death
2) no safe zones (or semi-safe zones *cities* with killable guards)
3) an alignment system of some sorts to discourage *but not elimiate* random pking (i.e. ganking). I guess this could be similar to UO, or L2. Red characters could maybe drop ALL their loot on death.

any suggestions are welcome.

Kura

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 08:55:45 pm »
Originally posted by Grand Zero
hello, I\'d like to see a full scale pvp version of planeshift (i.e. a pvp server) with the following rules:

1) one random item loot drop on death
2) no safe zones (or semi-safe zones *cities* with killable guards)
3) an alignment system of some sorts to discourage *but not elimiate* random pking (i.e. ganking). I guess this could be similar to UO, or L2. Red characters could maybe drop ALL their loot on death.

any suggestions are welcome.

well, first you need to be more specific on exactly what you\'re talking about. like an alignment system for one thing i have no idea what your implying... and what is a \"red character?\"  ?(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 08:56:41 pm by Kura »

Jimmeh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 10:23:01 pm »
i think this about the most stupid idea ever put forward on the ps forums, this game is not about that, but hey, good on you for thinking.

At the end of the Gulf war, Kuwaitis celebrated by firing guns in to the air.... 20 died from falling bullets

rauz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 05:36:54 am »
I do think a PvP area is in order, though not PvP-only, as Grand Zero is suggesting.

It can make the game alot more exciting, I think.

Phobia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 12:00:08 am »
There needs to be safe zones otherwise it would just be continual \'ganking\'

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 11:57:20 pm »
Yeah, a PVP enabled server with restriction on pking would be nice.

For Example..

- There would be places covered by guards.
- The person you would try to kill would have to be in your lvl range.. (5 lvls over or under you.. maybe 10)
- Alignment system making you more evil as you killed more people. People would be able to determine a killer if they perhaps get their name changed to a red color indicating their evil.

Just some thoughts.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.   :P  Xantherus Icer  :P

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 04:57:56 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to me.... Have the NPC guards chase down anyone in a certain range of criminality and every time a person kills someone else, they get worse alignment. Like have a range of name colors from white to green to yellow to red and then to black or something. If a person kills someone with black alignment, which would be the \'Evil\' alignment, they will get a better alignment instead of a worse. The alignment of the character could determine how much the alignment changes. If a \'Neutral\', which is the color directly in the middle, kills a \'Divine\', the best alignment, colored white, then that \'Neutral\' goes halfway from their current spot to criminal or something like that....

And cities would have guards at strategic spots, and they would instantly chase \'Evil\' aligned people. To keep them happy, there could possibly be evil cities where \'Divine\' players are chased by the guards.... It would be nice and balanced i think, maybe a few changes...

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 04:04:38 pm »
The plan is and has been, no seperate servers. When multiple servers are used, each one will be used as just a frontend to the clients, so there won\'t even be zones like most games. You\'ll see latter.

As for big PvP areas... eh, maybe. Perhaps a whole section of the game, like a level, or beyond the boronze gates, or thru a magical portal could be free PvP. But let\'s focus on what PvP areas we have now :)
player -> gm -> dev -> bum

Frank

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 08:55:18 pm »
WOW I\'M glad no one replied to my pvp systems whooo yall tore this one a new one.
by yall i mean the only person I mean jimmeh. dont worry though i feel your pain. dont even bother with this section anymore it just get you all mad. I can understandy why though cus its been said like 10000000000000000000 times. this one need the seach post