Poll

Would you be intersted in participating?

Of course.
5 (27.8%)
Depends on the rules.
11 (61.1%)
Never.
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Interests in RP Fighting Events  (Read 631 times)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Interests in RP Fighting Events
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:16:01 am »
Hello PSler,

I am thinking for a while if there is actually an interest in a RP fighting event. It seems like there had been a fight club in the past. Underground actually. What I would like to know is if there is an interest for it. RP fighting in generall. If I actually going to organize an event (meaning I will work out rules I hope everyone will like and possibly some story around it) depends on the amount of possible people entering. If there is only one person, I am not going to go through the trouble of making it since it is useless then.

Oh well that is all for now. If you want to add something, just say it. It can be in a PM if you don't want to post here.

Jilata

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Interests in RP Fighting Events
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:23:46 am »
RP fights can be done well and RP fights can be done horribly.  ::| Honestly it depends on who you'd get in the fight. And what the rules are I suppose. I would suggest no magic usage (mostly since it's difficult to spar in a friend way whilst shooting magical arrows or giant fists of molten lava.) I'm assuming this would in fact be a friendly event (of course there's always the possibility of cheating ;) ) I'd be interested, but somewhat pessimistic about how it might go.

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:28 am »
True enough. I wanted to give it a try though. Since I don't think there would be too many people participating anyway, there might be something possible to create rules wise which could be accepted by everyone. I need to be in contact with those entering for that. I thought of using some /roll system. Since I don't want to do a complete trust fight.

Oh well...  no magic of course. ;)

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:34 am »
Go for it, I think you could drum up some definite interest if you do it via bulletin board or word-of-mouth.

As Mariana said, perhaps get a certain lay out for rules/place/participation/prize, and think hard about it, then lay it forth before us. As a precursory thread though, I do not see why not!
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
I can see it now, WULFAR VS RATHARK ROUND 2, ELECTRIC BUGALOO

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »
Sounds good to me.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »
A while back, we had plans to start an underground fight club. In-character rules were no weapons, armor or magic - bare fisted only. The two players would take off their clothing ( pants or shorts on, of course ) , then duke it out - man to man.

The idea behind this was to try to make it as even as possible, but stats and meele fighting skills skewed this, but it was still doable. Three of us gave it a test run and it worked out pretty well. The fight, however was only meant to be a small part of the event. The gambling on who would win or lose, the mob mentality and crudeness of it would give it a more gritty feeling. Rp that would promote it among those who could keep their mouths shut, unwilling participants, and some surprises here and there would have been a major part of it.

As it turned out, the population was shrinking at the time, so we never had enough people to pull it off.

Good luck with this... it could be a hell of a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:52:11 pm by Rigwyn »

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »
Quote from: Fight club
1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

:D I think we need a new sport. But it needs to be done well.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »
Agreed. Take a few days to think it out,and then pose it to us again, because having the input of many can help work out whatever foreseeable stalls or bugs in the plan can happen.

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 03:05:44 am »
Of course. That is what I was planning to do. But I wanted to see if there is a general interest first. I didn't want to waste my time. Well it seems like there is enough interest there to keep going with it.

Another thing I would like to know: Is it preferred to be legal or illegal?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:15:36 am by Jilata »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 03:21:40 am »
Yesterday I witnessed a funny "brawl" between Haraun and a dermorian woman about the general renown of animal hunting (or something close to that); Haraun had to win because he was hungry and got a fish offered...

As far as I saw, they had fair rules (melee "with retracted claws", first with 3 strikes wins, chances are rolled); and because time was late, the opponent even agreed to a sudden knockout to shorten the event a bit. Nevertheless, it was very entertaining to watch, the descriptions of the martial moves were quite elaborate.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

SAristo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 04:26:11 am »
Some of us have been thinking of a legal version - like a regular tournament. So, frankly I for one would like to see an underground one just to raise the stakes.

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 06:02:18 am »
The rules which were used yesterday were quite simple:
-- no claws, no weapon, no magic
-- both had 3 "hit points"
-- one hit point gets removed when getting hit
-- both use "/roll 100" and the one with the higer roll wins
-- the one time both rolled the same, a hit point was distracted from both to make it shorter. Since it was late already

Some of us have been thinking of a legal version - like a regular tournament. So, frankly I for one would like to see an underground one just to raise the stakes.
I guess there is enough interest in both. I will plan making both, since there won't be much difference in rules. The fighting system will be the same, but simply in the underground there will be more hits allowed. Meaning hits in more sensitive areas. And maybe some other illegal thinks. I will see what the lawbook forbids what I could use ;)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 04:41:38 am »
Alright... after discussing it a bit with different people, there will be only an underground fighting for now, since the guards wouldn't like it if there is betting involved.

The current system I had been using for fighting is one, where you have some stats and a certain maximum of points you can use on the stats. Determined from it, there is a different kind of health, endurance, damage (damage also varies a bit so there are some kind of "critical" hits), the chance to have a successful attack and the chance to have a successful defense.
Haraun and I tested it, and it seemed fine. It should take around 6 rounds (both fighters have the possibility to attack in one round) to finish the fight.

I don't post the way how I callculate those stats in the end, simply because that no one can build a char with optimal stats for a fight. The stats are:
-- Courage (The ability to decide fast and determined in critical situations, but also daringness, not scared of new things and riscs, etc)
-- Intuition (The ability to make the right decicion without thinking for a long time beforehand and similar things)
-- Strength (The physical strength of the body)
-- Agility (The general agility of the body, fast reactions and reflexes, a good valuation of the armlength, jump power, etc.)
-- Constitution (The degree of the body constitution, it is the basis for health and endurance)

Rules:
-- You can devide up to 80 points in total to the stats (Notice, that you don't -have- to use all 80 points, but you are not allowed to use more than those)
-- You can put a maximum of 30 points to one stat (Simply to have it more balanced)

Anyway, I would like those who wish to enter a fight, to contact me, either through a PM here on the forum, or IG through tell to Oele or Mireia.
What I would like to see from you is following:

Code: [Select]
-- Times you probably are online (To coordinate an event)
-- Which char you would like to enter (charname and race)
-- How to contact you (only needed if via /tell)
-- Your RP-fighting experience and if you think you could do a trust fight with that char (I might switch to a complete trust fight, depending on who enter in the fighting. Not every char is the same in a fight. I want to know if you can judge him/her good enough to even loose a fight if the opponent is stronger)
-- Your preference of the fight (using roll-system or trust-fight)
-- And possibly already a list of the stats you would like to use
-- Any other comments, questions, etc like about the rules for fighting or the set-up, etc. Just what you would like to tell me

One last thing: Kran's won't be allowed in the fights, simply it would be rediciulous with their stoney skin.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:07 am »
I think ingenuity would be fine if you allowed a gemma