Author Topic: A challenge of minds  (Read 943 times)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
A challenge of minds
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:24:10 am »
oOo   A challenge of minds   oOo

“Miss Telena. A courier brought a letter for you.”

The diaboli who just arrived at the cloths shop raises an eyebrow at the greeting of the Ynnwn. A small Akkaio cub runs towards her. “Momo!”

She smiles at the cub, picks him up and places a kiss on his head. “Hello Sweetheart.” She looks back to the Ynnwn. “A letter?”

“Momo”, the voice of the cub takes her attention again. “Play?”

“Later, sweetheart.”

The cub keeps staring at her. “Play?” He inquiries again.

She sighs and gives in, knowing there won’t be a quiet moment if she refuses. “Alright.” She puts him back to the ground. “Go, get some toy.”

She watches him running back to the wagon to get some toy, then she shakes her head and looks back to the Ynnwn. “Which letter, Nekorr?”

The Ynnwn quietly extends his hand and shows a letter to her: It was sealed, but drawn on it in red color was a quill and two dices.

Telena looks surprised for a moment, then chuckles softly amused before taking the letter out of Nekorr’s hand.
“It is that time already?”

The Ynnwn nods quietly.

“You don’t look too pleased about it, Nekorr.” While speaking she breaks the seal of the letter and opens it.

“You will be gone for a while again, Miss Telena. We don’t have as much profit when you are gone.”

“Oh, come on...” She says and gets stopped from reading by the returning cub.

“Momo!” She looks to the child who returned with an arm full of toys, somehow able to balance them all on his small arms.

“Did you bring every toy you could find, Ssanyu? Oh well. Give me a second until I finished reading this letter, sweetheart.”

Miss Telena,

finally it is time again. This time for sure, I will be the one to win. Better prepare yourself!

The rules are the same as always:

1. All riddles are placed within one city and the city does not to be left to solve one.
2. If you solve all riddles in the decided time, you will be the winner. If you can’t, you will lose.
3. The game will last one month, starting from the [12.4.2013].
4. You lose, if you destroy or vandalize anything in the city in order to solve the riddles.
5. The first point to start will be the most frequented tavern in the city.

Start your search in this city:

A different name it once did bear,
but if you don’t know, do not fear:
A little help I will give,
a part of your life there you did live.
I know, many cities this could be,
but this one was special as I see:
You did not sell many cloths,
in the city once called Tiroth.

I am sure I will win this time.

Sincerely,
Anuj Lungere

[Any similarity of the name “Anuj Lungere” to an actual char is not intended, so there is no relation to any played char.

For this event setting knowledge will come at hand. Maybe reading through the race page on planeshift.it beforehand would be a good idea.
Knowledge about Hydlaa itself is helpful as well, but not necessary.

Everyone is welcome, old players as well as new players. There are riddles which can be solved even without any setting knowledge. And beside there might be something to learn about settings or Hydlaa locations through it. If not, I hope you all at least have fun.

There will be 3 events in all at different times and dates and each event will have different riddles.

The books of the event with the riddles will be left around the city afterwards, so if you don’t attend it, you can make  small event with your friends or just try to solve it yourself later. The starting place will be at Kada-El’s.

If you have any questions, you can ask either me (Jilata or Oele), or Sen (Haraun).]

[ Dates: ]
1. Part: Friday, 12.4.2013 at 20:00 GMT +2
2. Part: Saturday, 13.4.2013 at 20:00 GMT +2
3. Part: Saturday, 20.4.2013 at 24:00 GMT + 2 (it is the same as 21.4.2013 0:00 GMT +2)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: A challenge of minds
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:01 pm »
[Looking forward to it. Just as a quick reminder to American players, 12.4.2013 and other dates are most likely in the Day Month Year format. ;) ]

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:53:58 pm »
[Looking forward to it. ... ]
[Yep! Well done Jilata :thumbup: ]

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:58:19 am »
[Pushing the topic, to remind you of the event. There is one week left before the first part starts.]

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 12:41:31 pm »

I see great potential for both entertainment and education with such a challenge. Good luck with this!

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:40 am »
PlaneShift calendar is updated with the event.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:13 pm »
Quick bump for the thread to remind that it starts.

1. Part: Friday, 12.4.2013 at 20:00 GMT +2

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 02:41:34 pm »
According to the event calendar, it is 22:00 CEST (GMT+2). In ~20 min.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:24 pm »
So far we had two events already. 10 riddles had been solved alltogether. I hope those who were able to attend thought of it to be fun. For those who didn't have a chance to attend yet, there will be one more chance to.

@Sarva: Can you please change the time of the third part in the event calendar to two hours earlier? 2am is a bit late for Haraun and me to start the event. Thanks :)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:54 pm »
Aww... I have had to miss the first two so far. :(

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 03:42:50 am »
Just to remind you, the last event will be in 1 1/2 days. For the exact date look here.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 04:37:08 am »
Will be quite late this time - for Europeans; but Asians may have a better chance.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 06:37:51 am »
Will be quite late this time - for Europeans; but Asians may have a better chance.
Maybe not that late, afterall: eventdate :)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:47 am »
Midnight (CEST) is not "late"? ... But I will try. Saturday-Sunday the best chance.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:35:50 am »
Thank you everyone who participated and made the event fun to run. It was nice watching the discussions about the riddles without having much to intervere myself to get them to be solved. We only had to stop the people from running into the sewers or the dungeons. But gladly it worked. :)

@ Sarva: Thank you for locking the books down, so they won't be stolen during the event. And a special thanks for placing the last book. It fit perfectly there. ;)

Also thank you for placing the event in the event calendar.

A special thanks to Haraun, who helped me with organizing and running the event. Without him, it probably would have ended in a chaos organizing wise.

I hope I didn't forget anything or anyone. If I did, complain to me ;)