Author Topic: I need help guys(client thing)  (Read 1214 times)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 10:32:30 pm »
Unfortunately 0.3.012 has been taken down from the mirrors to make way for the newer version. I think there are places you can find it on, though... Hm. All of my searches are turning up torrents. Ah, found this, which seems to be what it says.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Annon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 11:29:22 pm »
That\'s the one I already got my hands on.  It hasn\'t been working when I have tried it.  Just opens an application window and shuts it, without doing anything, when I try to run it.

*edit*

When I try to actually run the .exe file froma DOS prompt, I get a \"Program is too big to fit in memory.\" error....

Please avoid posting two or more successive posts before others have replied. Just edit your last post to add new information :) Thanks! --Karyuu
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:37:30 pm by Annon »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 11:36:59 pm »
Well, my searches aren\'t turning up anything useful, sorry :\\ Looks like you\'ll have to wait for the mirrors - luckily it won\'t take much more time.

*edit*

Er, hm. You do meet the minimum requirements, yes? Nothing intensive running in the background, also?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:38:31 pm by Karyuu »

Annon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 11:42:41 pm »
I\'m a bit short on RAM, but it\'s DDR2, and my page file is plenty big enough, so I didn\'t figure that was a problem.

Seems more like a bunch of hullabaloo in how XP handles the DOS virtual machine.

*edit*

Can\'t figure out how to fix it.  If it would use the virtual memory, I\'d be all set.  I can\'t seem to figure out how to get it to do so however....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:43:26 am by Annon »

Breggolis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
This game
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 02:32:15 am »
wow, it only took 3.5 hrs to download new client.  and now it still says server down....great job guys!

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
THIS game? Hm.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 02:35:58 am »
Too bad the torrent took so much time for some people (too bad some decided not to seed?). Server crashes happen in early development. Get used to them, seriously :) It\'s unfortunate that it had to happen now, but there are still bugs to take care of.

Welcome to an open game in early development ;)

Annon: Wish I could help further, but I\'m going to let someone else take over at this point. I believe it\'s beyond my territory of knowledge now.

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 05:20:35 am »
I\'m not a BitTorrent expert but, perhaps switching your BT client can help, Annon

I\'d recommend you BitComet, it claims to be user-friendly with people behind firewall/router so you can give it a try.

Since none of us can get in your computer and try to configure things remotely, let\'s hope that the program itself is \"smart\" enough as to manage itself to stablish a connection.
You\'ll find info about the client, and how to download it at http://www.bitcomet.com
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 05:20:50 am by Nilrem »
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

r.guppy

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 06:07:47 am »
Originally posted by SirRight
Wow...so many threads on the same problem.  Click on following for the probable answer:

http://www.planeshift3d.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=22143&boardid=17&styleid=3&sid=5b20fe0111467d7f7895db0a025cf45a&page=1#1

Thank you it was my Norton firewall i needed to turn off. Downloading it as i type many thanks.

Annon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
Well, there\'s no way to get Torrent going.  With all inbound ports blocked, and no way to change router settings, it\'s going to run at a nice, smooth, 3 days \'til download complete.

Not meaning to be rude guys, but COME ON AND GET THE MIRRORS UP!!  The game looks AWESOME!

*sigh*...*breathe*...okay now...

*edit*

Can I get an order of magnitude for how long it will be before .013 is on the mirrors?  Are we talking days or week or what?  If it is the latter, maybe I should try Torrent despite the 3 day waiting period.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 12:53:04 pm by Annon »

Annon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 05:42:55 pm »
Erm...hello?

Wouldn\'t be so impatient, but you have replied to other posts of mine, and I didn\'t know if I neede to bump this or something since my last post was an edit.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 05:45:06 pm »
I saw it, I just have no answer besides those I\'ve given - there are some issues, some known and some just popping up, so there\'s really no way to give an estimate. Sorry about that.