Author Topic: client crash when loading Jayose map before entering the world  (Read 1592 times)

Kloud

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Same Prob
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 01:58:59 am »
I had the same prob so i made a new charckter but it still froze while loading world so i deleated my old character but it still didn\'t work im dunno if a GM can fix it seeing my character is deleated now but if so my name is Kloud

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 02:01:28 am »
Your post is a little confusing :) If you deleted your character, he or she is gone - you\'ll have to recreate it, and GMs can\'t do anything for you. However, do make sure that you are trying to use our latest client (version 0.3.013) and that you have run the updater. If you\'ve done all this, please give us more details on what happened - did the client just freeze with absolutely no movement and no error message?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

djeroon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
0041AC3B
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 04:06:32 pm »
Hello,
same problem for me . Blocked in Jayose library. Txs for your future help. And congratulations for your work.
game name : Djeroon Laketears

*edit*

the problem is resolved txs
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:26:19 am by djeroon »

Goldir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 01:20:14 am »
Is it possible to have some type of status update concerning bugs like the Jayose District problem and the problem with the client crashing upon logon when characters are in certain locations?  

I was thinking something similiar to when the server gives you an MOTD upon logon or the little help tips that you get from the server the instant you login.  Something like \"If your client crashes on load please see the PS forums at (insert URL here)\".

Now I know some genius is going to say \"If they can\'t load the prog, how will they see the message?\"  The answer to that is this: They will see it beforehand and know what to do, like using the taxi service sticky.  That way there aren\'t multiple forum threads being opened for the same problem.  

Its just a thought.  I know you guys have the option of doing MOTD messages and changing the help messages from the server and it just seems a waste to let such a useful tool go unutilized.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:21:22 am by Goldir »
"Citizens get the government they deserve.  If they want to be coddled and have everything handed to them and taken care of for them, they have no right to complain when all their individual rights and liberties are stripped away to make it happen"

Beast

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »
I?m stuck on (almost?) the same problem me to.

In my case i?ve created a caracter (i?ve just started playing this game) and the game tries to load a map and then i just get a black screen.

I can hear a sound from windows with a message but i cant read it. Only thing to do from that for me is to press Alt+F4 to shut down the game.

Then the message is gone.
I just cant load a map, Anyone knows how to fix this?

Plz, id love start playing.
Sorry if i don?t spell to good XD
My english is.. yea you know, not to good XD

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 03:34:44 pm »
Beast, it would be helpful if you could give us your system specs to see if something there may be a problem.

Beast

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 02:48:20 am »
Originally posted by Karyuu
Beast, it would be helpful if you could give us your system specs to see if something there may be a problem.

Ok..
I?ve got a P 2.4 GHz, 256 Mb RAM, a nVidia Geforce 4 MX, a 10/100 mb/s network card, And a 24 mb/s internet.

Thats kinda all.. :D

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 03:17:07 am »
Updated both the game and graphics card drivers? :)

Beast

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 03:22:17 am »
Originally posted by Karyuu
Updated both the game and graphics card drivers? :)

Yup.. As early as yesterday. ;)