Author Topic: Newest Update Glitched? (Fix included)  (Read 500 times)

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Newest Update Glitched? (Fix included)
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:47:13 pm »
I have a problem with the new update, and apparently others are too.

The problem being, when you update, the server "fails". 

For people who have this trouble,  reinstall but do not update!

Anyways, there is obviously something is wrong with the new update ... I would remove the update until it can be corrected but that's just me.

(Summary of post: Notifying of problem, which you likely know of already, and posting a fix)

EDIT:  Yes, I just read - you guys do know of this.  So, shouldn't you remove the update etc?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:48:51 pm by 9400 »

sepeters

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Newest Update Glitched? (Fix included)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »
I downloaded the game this week (first time player).  I ran the updater but then the Fragnetics showed that the server was up and people were playing but I could not log in.  I read on this forum about uninstalling, then reinstalling but not running the updater.  I did so and I could log in no problem.  As I am brand new to the game I am not familiar with how GM look after these kind of problems so I want to know how I will know when it is ok to run the updater?  I presume the update is important.  Could you please advise as to what I should do about the updater?  Thank you ...cheers

neko kyouran

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:28:32 pm »
From past experiences, when you need to run the updater to fetch new files, the game will tell you as such, upon logging into your characters page.  Other than that, they sometimes will make official announcements here on the forums, or on the main site, etc. Basically, as long as you can log in, there's no need to run the updater.

adubourg

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 04:03:51 am »
From past experiences, when you need to run the updater to fetch new files, the game will tell you as such, upon logging into your characters page.

As a matter of fact, it does so right now...
Which is probably why so many people believe they not only can, but actually must update. Unfortunately, it is precisely the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 04:07:03 am by adubourg »