Author Topic: Do I have the correct executable?  (Read 396 times)

_Ghostman_

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Do I have the correct executable?
« on: February 27, 2007, 04:17:11 am »
     After completing & installing the download from the main mirror site (did not use Bit-Torrent), I proceeded to the next instructed step; which was to update the program.  After running the Plane Shift updater and clicking "update" the following occured. 1st line: "Welcome to the PlaneShift updater version 1.1.1.1!".  2nd line: "Checking registry version".  3rd line: (written in red) "Couldn't connect to mirror mir2!".  4th line: "Trying mirror mir1"
5th line; (written in red) "Mirror lacks a version file; can't use it."  6th line: "Trying mirror mir2".  7th line: (written in red) "Mirror lacks a version file; can't use it."  It eventually gets to the back-up mirror site and replies in red "Mirror lacks a version file; can't use it."  then states "Ran out of mirrors! Game cannot be updated." 
     The only thing unusual is the executable itself.  It's called "Plane Shift - Tech Demo".  Is there a problem with the update, the updater, or is this the WRONG program?  By the way, the program runs fine and connects to the server w/ no problems.  I'm just really concerned about the longevity of the game and getting the full experience and also being able to UPDATE IT.  Thanks for taking the time to read this over.  Please let me know something. 

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Do I have the correct executable?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:26:59 am »
When there's a freshy new game version release, such as now with .18 version, the updater, although marked as recommended to be launched at the end of the client installation process, should not be launched.

It seems, though, that you were fortunate enough as for it not starting replacing your new files with elder ones. The mirrors haven't been updated to the latest game version, and that might have caused you trouble.

Simply ensure that the game you launch is planeshift crystal blue version 0.3.018, and don't worry about the naming "tech demo", that's just a reminder about it being an incomplete game, but don't think there's a "more complete version, non demo" somewhere.
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

_Ghostman_

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Do I have the correct executable?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 06:13:56 am »
Thanks for the response, Nilrim.
I guess I should of read deeper into the forum before I posted. Your reply was right on the money.  Thanks for the help and reassurance!

:thumbup:~GAME ON!~ :thumbup: