Author Topic: Problems connecting even though the server is online  (Read 390 times)

2pacalypse

• Traveller
  • Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.
    • View Profile
Problems connecting even though the server is online
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:02:22 pm »
Hi everyone ;)

I have problem's connecting to the game, the game claims that the server is offline however when I look in the server page it says that 124 users are currently online implying that it is online. so I tried some other thing.I port forwarded port number 7777 to my computer, with no success, I disabled my firewall both on the computer and on the router again with no success. I tried to ping the server and apparently is working but the ping are kinda high for some reason (350-500). I tried to restart my router and my local computer to no avail and for the last thing I tried to update the game version, again to no avail it didnt even updated because he couldnt contact the server or its mirrors.. no matter what I did nothing worked. my guess says that the source of the problem is the actually game port, UDP 7777 but I cant see why it doesnt work since all my firewalls are turned off and my router forwards data from that port to me. I've dont everything I could think of but nothing seems to work but so far no success so I turn to you, what should I do to be able to play the game? ???

heres some related info:

Internet Connection: 1.5MB Cable
Firewall (although currently disabled): IPtablets with Firestarter front-end
Router Manufacturer:Edimax (Model unspecified, just says broadband router)

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:11:19 pm by 2pacalypse »
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot of different places, just write a Unix operating system."

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Problems connecting even though the server is online
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »
and which version do you have?
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

2pacalypse

• Traveller
  • Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems connecting even though the server is online
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:12:25 pm »
the latest(i think), 0.3.018 Linux release just downloaded it today.

EDIT:

Got knows why, I suddently managed to connect. thanks for the help ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:37:58 pm by 2pacalypse »
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot of different places, just write a Unix operating system."

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."