Author Topic: install does not work!  (Read 529 times)

[creativeusername]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
install does not work!
« on: October 14, 2007, 10:29:20 pm »
I downloaded 0.3.020 via bittorent. i opened the installer, and... it says "error installing file' for every single file! help!
<please insert witty signature here>

Suvok

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since Client 0.3.014
    • View Profile
Re: install does not work!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 10:45:22 pm »
The installation file may have been corrupted when you downloaded it. Try downloading it again.
Confusion is always the most honest response

mbr1110

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:58:17 pm »
 >:( Alright.......... I have installed and uninstalled 8 times now. I am not using the updater and when it comes to the screen where the world loads and gui should initiate, it says that the PS client needs to be disconnected due to error. I then have to close out PS client from Task Manager and when I sign on again, it says that I am already connected and must wait. But I never did enter the game. Other players I know have been able to sign on, so I need to know what other steps I need to take or if I missed one. Any help, at this point, would be greatly appreciated!!  \\o//   :thumbup:

By mbr1110 at 2007-07-11
The Lady cometh...............

[creativeusername]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 11:40:32 pm »
I've already downloaded it 3 times...  :-\ Oh well. I will try it on my other computer.
<please insert witty signature here>

DaldarWraith

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:57:57 am »
From what you are saying you have a corrupt version of the game that your downloading this could have happened mid download or from one of the sources you got it from, the only suggestion i can make it delete what you have already got that includeds the bit torrent tracker file and start again with over 100 seeds it shouldn't take all that long.

Just please remember once you have the download to completely remove your old game, reboot, install and DO NOT RUN the UPDATER.

Good luck
" Within the wind comes the faint cry of a lonley flute this  alone can mean one thing, Ceja has found he's prey "

" Someone loves you ............................. Shame they aren't here "

mbr1110

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:57:40 am »
The Version downloaded was from the main page of PS thru BT.

By mbr1110 at 2007-07-11
The Lady cometh...............