Author Topic: EXTREMEly low performance  (Read 378 times)

aboleth

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
EXTREMEly low performance
« on: April 22, 2003, 06:07:06 am »
I got p3 533 256 ram and geforce 2 gts 64mb and when i try to launch this game in opengl mode I got about 1 frame per 30 seconds or something like that in software mode I have about 6 fps, how it come? I know my computer isnt too modern but lol

\" With OpenGL mode, it is the graphics card which makes the difference and you will see the game at its full potential. A PIII 600Mhz with 256Mb of RAM and a geforce 2 card will give you good performance \"

this isnt much difference and yes I\'ve go my system clean and believe me its optimally configured. Also my drivers are up to date. What am I supposed to do ? (buy a new machine, I know *sigh*) :baby:

Kundalf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 08:06:43 am »
hey,

first of all your machine is way too old --> buy a new one...:D

Well, I think the game should still run, although you won\'t outperform anybody, and if you don\'t want to spend too much money try to upgrade your memory...:O

What OS are you running ? An older windows version I guess (like win98 ). If you are running XP or even W2k on your machine I guess your system is already on its edge and running the game may become pretty difficult.
(The best choice for an OS btw would be linux, since if properly it is less memory consuming.)

To improve the performance you may want to take a look at this thread

For overall windows performance it may be useful (on win95,win98,ME) to set up a harddrive partition only for virtual mamory (it should have twice the size of your Ram -- 512 MB in your case). But thats just a general thing I used to do back in my windows days...;)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2003, 08:08:41 am by Kundalf »
-- take care --

visit my favored site  ;)