Author Topic: Can't start  (Read 323 times)

Veldina

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can't start
« on: May 29, 2003, 03:24:46 am »
I downloaded everything and put it together. I arranged \"pssetup\" to my screen size and resolution, but I don\'t know what renderer I have, if I have one at all! Then, when I click on the \"psclient\", it says \"No CEL enviroment set!\" and then tells me I have \"no data accelloration!\" Well, yeah, I know my computer\'s slow as Christmas, but I don\'t think that\'s what it means. Then, it either gives me a blue screen and I have to abort, or it tells me that \"crystalspace.sound.driver.waveOutOpen: 00000004 resource already allocated by another program\" and I have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get it to end task! Any clue what\'s up with my game? I really wanna play, but it won\'t let me! PLEASE don\'t tell me I have to redownload AGAIN! I already did that twice!

BlueScreenJunky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 03:32:28 am »
You should update your graphic card drivers and install directX 9.

If it still doesn\'t work in OpenGL, try setting the renderer to software (which means none), it should work no matter what your system is, but it\'s slow as hell (almost unplayable on my 1800+).

Also, what exactly is your system ? (I doubt I can help more, but that might be useful for the others) :
graphic card
processor
RAM
Operating system

edit : didn\'t notice the crystal space sound driver problem. Maybe try to update your soundcard drivers, or disable sound and music in the pssetup.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 03:34:05 am by BlueScreenJunky »
sig removed, it was kinda big ^^

BlueScreenJunky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:43:01 am »
Okay, I just tried to disable sound and music in the pssetup.exe and it didn\'t do anything, so you might want to try that :

open your psclient.cfg with a text editor, search for the line \"System.PlugIns.iSoundRender = crystalspace.sound.render.software\" and put a \";\" in front of it. it should look like that :

; Sound renderer
;System.PlugIns.iSoundRender = crystalspace.sound.render.software

now I don\'t now if it will work at all, but it\'s worth a try, since the pb since to come from the sound driver.
sig removed, it was kinda big ^^

Veldina

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 04:19:32 pm »
Okay, I got it started up (by editing the \"psclient.cgf\") and created my character. Now, when I go to log in, it says \"There is an error in the database on your acount. Please contact a PS Admin for help\". So, Admins, what do I do?

Meracian

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 04:27:54 pm »
Create a new char with another name, the char u made before is something like bugged due to linkdead e.g.