Author Topic: Everybody's a dwarf !  (Read 424 times)

MadPenguin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Everybody's a dwarf !
« on: June 15, 2003, 09:55:48 am »
After a lot of downloading, compiling and troubleshooting I eventually got the Molecular Blue client to work on my linux from scratch. When I created my female elf I was quite surprised to see a dwarf in the screen where you can choose the color of the hair, of the skin, etc.
I was even more surprised when I logged in the game and saw that everybody looked like a dwarf. I discussed with other people and discovered that this was not normal... Do you have an idea of what is going on ?
Moreover I loose the connection quite frequently. Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance.
Lao Tsu said : \"You can\'t break eggs without making an omelet.\"

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 10:05:39 am »
well, at the moment, there are only a few races that can actually be played, I forget what the actual selection is, but I\'m sure someone can tell you
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

MadPenguin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 10:12:18 am »
But I chose a dermorian female that can be played. And every single player that I saw in the game was a dwarf...

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 10:34:10 am »
I don\'t really know, have you used the updater?
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 11:16:12 am »
sure you got the right files? ...the previous version was full of dwarfes, this one\'s ok. where did you get the files from? sf.net or planeshift.it?

LFS, wow! *bows*
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 12:13:15 pm »
no no, that can\'t be it. You can\'t run the previous version anymore.
m.vanes

MadPenguin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 02:31:28 am »
Well, I followed acraig\'s build procedure :
-> revert to bison-1.35
-> got CS with the command \"cvs -z3 d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/crystal co -rPRE_THING_FACTORIES CS\"
-> got cel with \"cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cel co -D 2003-05-16 cel\"
-> got planeshift with \"cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/planeshift co -rMB010 planeshift\"
-> then I built everything in the right order. The only difference is that I used the art directory from planeshift-0.2.010FullSourceAndArt.tar.gz (that I had previously downloaded but wich didn\'t work for me) instead of planeshift.tar.gz. I had to use the \"usual\" configure/make procedure instead of the jam based one for CS because the jam based one wouldn\'t accept my libpng... I used jam for the rest though.

So I think I have the right version...

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 11:23:13 am »
You are using the art/models.zip file from cvs instead of the one from the big tar.gz file.  This is why everyone looks like a dwarf.

MadPenguin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 10:39:07 am »
That was it, thanks for the hint.