Author Topic: How do you change compatability to prevent linkdead?  (Read 397 times)

Acelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
How do you change compatability to prevent linkdead?
« on: June 30, 2003, 05:47:14 pm »
As the subject says...I want to change the compatibility from Win95 to 98/XP in order to get past the linkdead error (hopefully). However, I can\'t quite seem to figure out how to change the compatibility...can someone help me please?

Wizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 11:31:27 pm »
okay well go to the psclient.exe and right click on it.  go to properties and there will eb a drop-down box that shows all the windows stuff.  there you can change it. hope taht helped (=

Every heart sings a song, incomplete,
until another heart whispers back.
Those who wish to sing always find a song.
At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
Plato

Acelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Not working...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 04:20:04 pm »
I went to properties like you said, but there isn\'t any drop down box. I got a big box full of options, but compatibility wasn\'t one of them. The tabs were General, Options, Font, Layout, Colors, and Security.  General doesn\'t allow me to do anything but change the name, archive and index attributes, and compress and encrypt. Options only includes cursor size, edit options(insert and quickedit mode), display options, and command history. I can\'t find anything about compatibility. Am I looking in the wrong place?

C0nR0cks

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 11:01:21 pm »
Originally posted by Acelin
I went to properties like you said, but there isn\'t any drop down box. I got a big box full of options, but compatibility wasn\'t one of them. The tabs were General, Options, Font, Layout, Colors, and Security.  General doesn\'t allow me to do anything but change the name, archive and index attributes, and compress and encrypt. Options only includes cursor size, edit options(insert and quickedit mode), display options, and command history. I can\'t find anything about compatibility. Am I looking in the wrong place?

what OS are you on? XP?

Acelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 08:07:44 am »
Windows 2000. Is that bad?

C0nR0cks

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 06:02:57 pm »
no not at all. it\'s just that if you were on 98, you wouldn\'t need worry about the compatibility issue. have you managed to change the compatibility though?

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
batch?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 10:44:11 am »
Sounds to me if the file u checked is a batch or a DOS executable... my psclient.exe shows the right, perhaps try to run the update? So it downloads the right one...
Commando R-I-P

Acelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 01:05:43 pm »
Yeah, everything seems to be running in DOS...it shouldn\'t be?

I searched found one other file called psclient setup, it was a .def file (whatever that means) but it won\'t let me change compatibility either. I don\'t even know what sort of program I would run it with.

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 05:12:03 pm »
I HAVE THE SAME PROBlem i can\'t seem to find the compablitiy tab and when i am intallizing the world it just freezes that is the farest i ever gotten

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 05:18:46 pm »
although u can restart the computer but that would only bring u into the intalizing world thing and then it resart my computer =(