Author Topic: loading screen causing crashing  (Read 250 times)

Risen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
loading screen causing crashing
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:59:22 am »
each time the game gets to the loading screen it simply ceases function. so far ive encountered problems like the link-dead and no setup file bugs. ive tried so hard to get the game working. i really wanna play it it looks damn cool, please help me....

p.s my OS meets the requirements

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 05:27:52 am »
There are no set req\'s. My, almost, brand new computer works less good than other older.
If you are linkdead, go here. Also, check Moguras newbie guide. :)
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 08:29:03 am »
..which can be found here.

Welcome to PlaneShift, Risen. Hope you get your problems sorted out soon so you can enjoy the world. Please keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha stage game and you might get bored pretty quickly, depending on your current expectations. Just to set the scene, I\'ll answer my current top 5 questions for you here.

1. There is no combat or monsters.
2. Crystals look like crystals. To pick them up, right click on them with the mouse and select the Hand icon.
3. To buy weapons with crystals, go to http://planeshift.fragnetics.com/merchant/merchant.html (and then read #1)
4. The only thing you can do right now is collect crystals, run around and chat. Yes, just like a glorified chat room, so says a few hundred people according to my running tally.
5. You\'re not lost. The world is small and there\'s no way you can die anywhere. If you find yourself in a strange place, don\'t just scream \"I\'M LOST HELP!!\", explore your surroundings as you\'ll be there a hundred more times before the next release is available.

Hope that\'s some use to you. For the bigger list, click the link at the beginning of my post. :)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 08:44:03 am »
each time the game gets to the loading screen it simply ceases function. so far ive encountered problems like the link-dead and no setup file bugs. ive tried so hard to get the game working. i really wanna play it it looks damn cool, please help me....

Not sure this is what I think of, but the loading screen can be quite long the first time, several tens of minutes sometimes. You only have to endure it once, next time it will only take about 1 minute (in general).

So wait, go and fetch some coffee or orange juice, watch your favourite movie then come back  ;)

Sorry if this is not what you meant (?).

Risen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 08:48:56 am »
thankyou guys ill give it a go . cad ripper youve helped me out every time dude. thanx a lot yur cool.