Author Topic: System requirements  (Read 615 times)

*Herukula*

System requirements
« on: August 25, 2003, 06:29:40 am »
I need to know what the system requirements are for Planeshift.I cant take that slow movement no more!

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 08:20:10 am »
There\'s no official system requirements yet, but it helps to have a tonne of RAM. 512mb or better. Also note that the client does not seem to like Radeon graphics cards and fast processors, say, 1.5gb or more.

Caelinthaas

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 01:38:21 pm »
Well perhaps that explains the weird colors that the buildings occasionally sport; I\'m using a Radeon 9700 Pro, 2.0G processor, and 1G RAM. Who would have thought that for once, more isnt better?

Movement seems ok, but I do get some lag at times, which I thought was server-side.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 04:37:40 pm »
Server lag is almost non-existant. The current server, generously hosted by Fragnetics.com, can easily handle ten times the current amount of regular players we have today. The \'lag\' most people experience in PS is all down to the netcode... or so I\'m told.

chrischoo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 12:43:29 am »
I think that lag is caused by a bit of both. Since geographically people like myself are closest to the server I ought not to get any lag, but I do, intermittently. Lag such as this is probably due to net code.

However let\'s say you are moving on PS but the response time seems somewhat slow then this might be a connection issue since a typical ping between our server and North America is somewhere along the lines of 200-300ms.

We\'re beginning to move game servers back onto the same server hosting Planeshift due to increasing demand for game servers. Because of this we\'ll be monitoring the server more frequently to ensure that CPU load doesn\'t go too high.

It means a lot to us to ensure a high level of service. We are also prepared to upgrade the CPU if necessary.