Author Topic: will need lvl/stat requirements/restrictions  (Read 655 times)

Reinex

• Traveller
    • View Profile
will need lvl/stat requirements/restrictions
« on: June 01, 2002, 11:08:06 am »
on items/equipment and spells
this will make ppl have something to work for, bring about more trading coz not everyone will have the best of the best on, not everyone will have the best of the best so lower lvl items still tradable
Also its best to bring this in straight away or not all its really annoying when a couple of months down the track that this is brought in and u don\'t have the right require for ur stuff!

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 07:58:02 pm »
I dont like those.  Sure i can see reasons behind em but there not all that great.  I think if you can afford to buy it, or find it, you should be able to use it.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 09:33:49 am »
mmm.....i already posted what i thought of this, but anyways, even if its not level restrictions there has got to be SOME restriction on hte weapons and armor you have (like WEIGHT  ;)  )

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 06:20:26 pm »
Yea i remember someone posting bought weight.  I dont think their should be stat requierments, but weight should definitley be an issue.  Its just not realistic to have someone carrying 20 suits or armour.  This brings up an issue for mining and smithing, cause if ur smithing plates then they wouldnt be able to go to ur inventory, and it could limit how much ore u could mine at a time.  Therefore I think in mines you should be able to purchase a mining cart, or something of the sort, and be able to put ur ores straight into there, and then have a limit on how much u could put in those, that would be higher than just what u could carry, and then u can push the carts or whatever it is and take it to a place to smelt, and store it.  As for smithing, i dont konw how that would work, where could it go after u smith it besides ur inventory?  You could just have it pop up in ur bank or somethin, but i think thats just kinda weird, so i dunno.

Reinex

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 09:29:38 pm »
hmmmm....
so i only need enough str to actual have the weight limit
therefore i don\'t need much str at all, just pump it all into stats that concern evading and life.

This sound kinda stupid, especially since i play helbreath where u need a minium str to weld a weapon but u don\'t swing at full speed coz ur not enough strong to swing it so u need to get the required str where u will be strong enough to swing it.

another example RO u don\'t need any requirement except weight, there u don\'t get str at all! just agi(edvading) vit(def/life), str is used only for damage which is not much so better to get max agi and vit!

wut u r suggesting and wut RO has is unrealistic, any1 can pick up a weapon no matter how heavy it is and swing it at full speed!! which is plain stupid, as long as the have enough weing spare to carry it.

Let me ask u this can u pick up a heavy object(10-20kg?)? u will probably say yea, that i understand who can\'t. now i ask u can u swing that same object a a decent speed?lolz no u can\'t unless u have a fair bit of strenght.hmmm another thing i tried picking up a steel bar(ie could be a sword hehe(im joking)but weight would be the same), i could do that but it was really heavy, and i had no chance of swinging that around, im not a musclely guy. do u see wut im getting at?...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2002, 09:31:31 pm by Reinex »

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 04:18:46 am »
I\'ve always been for stat requirements, myself. No level requirements, though. Those are dumb...

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 12:58:52 pm »
Some are ok yea with swords and such, but does it make sense for a person not to be smart enough to use a staff?  Or not smart enough to use a type of robe?  I dont see how u can a person is too weak to wear a type of armour, or if they are, it should slow them down, not make it so they cant wear it.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 08:18:38 pm »
Yeah, all the requirements should be reasonably realistic... and the disadvantages for not meeting them as well. Perhaps we should have two levels, one where it\'s simply decreases your effectiveness with it substantially, while the other makes it entirely unusable. I mean with a low enough strength, a suit of armor becomes too heavy to move in, even if you can (barely) carry it. A better example would probably be dexterity for nunchaku. If the staff is magic, I could possibly see an intelligence requirement. It would have to be magic in some way that most magic weapons weren\'t, though... Otherwise they\'d need the same score, logically.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2002, 08:18:59 pm by David_HD »