Author Topic: Minerals  (Read 1137 times)

Corvette

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Minerals
« on: July 03, 2002, 07:58:34 pm »
I think it would be neat if you canmine different minerals, and use them to create items, weaps or armors. Don\'t make it so there\'s a huge difference, but lets say you have a plate armor made of a low quality mineral, it\'s surability and protection is less than if you used a higer quality mineral.

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 11:37:28 pm »
Hmm. The trouble I have with this is that it doesn\'t provide for a stable economy.  Why would anybody want to wear a lower quality of armour when they know they can get better?   Plus, as more people play and get experience then the low level minerals would never get any use.  So we would end up with low level armour/items being worth nothing so new players would have a rough time trying to make any money.

Another thing about mining is that it is pretty much an endless supply of money.  This means that things people want end up costing stupid amounts of money. So as the game progresses we have useless armour that you can\'t even give away and high level, useful items that cost so much, it\'s pointless.

There needs to be a way of letting people make their own items without flooding the game with items.  This could be done by making all  (player created) items useful to somebody. Ie somebody\'s garbage is another\'s treause.

---------
Andrew
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 07:54:41 am »
plus with this it is hard creating all those d@mn animations too much trouble

Models dont make the game textures do!

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 03:32:12 pm »
I don\'t believe it would turn out like that.
You see, from what I see, new ppl would be joining all the time. And even the older players would create new acounts with diff characters. Armors, and weapons would constantly be passed around, and sold to new players. And even if you do not like it, or can\'t sell it to a player, you can always sell it to a NPC for half the price. :D

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 03:37:10 pm »
Sorry to post again, but i got another idea.
You could make that the minerals themself would be worthless, and unusable to anyone without the prober skills to smelt it. And even then, they would not cost anything. You would need to purchase certain parts to the weapon you are making from a local NPC. These parts would increase in price as the weapon/armor becomes more complex. And you can always add a chance of failure, so that it would not be as easy to make money. Ex. The price it cost ya would be: 2000. You can sell it to a NPC for 2250. Or you can try and deal it to a player for 2500. :D

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Idealist

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 01:17:38 am »
I think I see the generals point in this one... Somethng along the lines of Runescape where coal is absolutaly worthless in the store but you can sell it to ppl for 1k a cert i feel that the lower lvl minerials wont go to waist because with how awesome this game will be... people will be joining everyday and you never know... the highest lvl fighter may have never mined a day in his life and he will eventualy want that skill up

also just make it harder to mine and gain experiance that will keep people form becoming too good
lol i have been playing runescape for little over a year and am only lvl 69 mining
I will Hunt you... I will find you... I will ctrl alt Delete you... Bounty Hunter Goodness

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2002, 02:02:59 pm »
okay if metals were worthless which they wont be if we have any becuz if you made lets say Mitheral against Iron. Blacksmiths would like to make Mitheral instead of iron therefore they would eventually be costing money due to the fact that people will pay for Mitheral :P

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2002, 03:46:46 pm »
Well, they can have a price among ppl, like a black market of not real prices in the game, but to ppl they would worth something. And when you would try and sell minerals to NPCs, they would not take it, or give u like 1 (or the lowest currency). Prices can be set among the players, and they will be set for minerals i am sure, if that is your point.

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2002, 04:24:10 pm »
I actually like the idea about buying parts for  the weapon....but then why even HAVE the mineral stuff?  Just buy the parts and smith
em or something

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2002, 05:26:21 pm »
The minerals are the core party of the weapon/armor. They provide the basis for it, and no weapon can be made without it. And the parts act as add ons, for better weapons, better add on, and the weapon/armor, can not function without the addons as well. Any better? :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2002, 05:26:51 pm by TheGeneral »

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2002, 03:29:10 am »
We should have gemmed weapons like diablo two but each gem has a different spell or special feature

Nicholas

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
good idea!!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2002, 02:25:07 am »
and instead of finding the gems every wheere, players mine them and get them magically supped up or whatever and that spell affects its differently depend the type of mineral

and also you wouldnt need lots  and lots of spells for the different properties because there could be like say 5 or even less spells used for making items magical but the lvl it takes to mine the gem could to uhh relate to the power of the magical property as well as the different type of gem could have different areas of spells.  for example... a blue gem with the imbue defensive properties spell would create some lightning sefense whereas a green gem would create like tree defense
« Last Edit: July 19, 2002, 02:31:06 am by Nicholas »

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2002, 08:19:54 pm »
This mining stuff is really cool indeed. I don\'t think the socketable things will be possible, but who knows, other things may come =)

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2002, 01:35:06 pm »
lol, when this game comes out im only gonna mine and smith, thats about all Im gonna do until im rich! and then I guess I can do other stuff... lol, but first off, rich!
-Mephisto

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2002, 03:14:03 pm »
Generaly the statistics show that for every person that posts something they are thinking, there is about 10 ppl thinking the same thing. So i am sure there will be nots of merchants, if not every single person as a merchant. That should be interesting.....laggy but interesting. :D

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!