Author Topic: Life, the universe, and Everything but 42  (Read 621 times)

Leodinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Life, the universe, and Everything but 42
« on: July 10, 2002, 03:48:08 am »
Basically the following are just some ideas I would like to just get out there and dreams I have, but never see in other games:

1)  Ability to name Weapon.

2)  Customization of character and clothing.  I mean I would like to have the ability to change the color of my eyes, to alter the way my lips and ears and everything looks.  To change faces and hair and even the proportions of my body.  Why?  I don\'t want to look like everyone else!

3)  Transformation abilities.  Not just to turn into a wolf, but become things like vampires or demons or something.

4)  I would like to change view with the mouse (I\'m sure they\'ll do this, but just sayin\').  

5)  Maybe make it so you just have to hit enter to chat (kinda like in EQ).

6)  Pets we can name and maybe have custom colors for the pets.

7)  Spells I mentioned in the spells post

8)  Lots of interaction between GM\'s and the players.  What i mean is GM quests and events.

It is 4:30am and I can\'t think...I\'ll post more when I have had some sleep.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 04:50:36 pm »
good ideas, I\'ll go through them one at a time later though.
-Paxx

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 05:03:52 pm »
I like the ability to name a weapon one....of course it wont be much use when your starting out, seeing as how you\'ll go through a lot of weapons, but once ya reach a certain stage you\'ll have found the weapon you want, and naming it would be a cool thing just to do and all  :D  :D

Leodinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 07:10:12 pm »
Another thing that would be cool is.  Well, I like the fact that in the sky you see the cave ceiling and such.  But what would be even better if there were clouds and birds in the sky and beyond them was the cave ceiling :D.  Would make it seem more like a world inside a cave ;).

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Try playing...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 07:27:53 pm »
Try playing D&D or AD&D or just about any other pen&paper game u can do just about all that stuff and more really fun. But they are alright though. :]

OutKast Tha Profet

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:
\"Hunt This\"
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 09:54:38 pm »
This is in answer to Leodinus?s post.

1) Ability to name Weapon.

I am hoping to have the ability to personalize weapons, (Naming would be one part) adding special abilities to it, increasing its quality, and many other little things. The catch is it will work better for you then it will for anyone else, so you will probably not get the value for the
weapon if you sell it

2) Customization of character and clothing. I mean I would like to have the ability to change the color of my eyes, to alter the way my lips and ears and everything looks. To change faces and hair and even the proportions of my body. Why? I don\'t want to look like everyone else!

I hope that by the time we are in Beta each race/sex combo will have 5 sizes and about 1000 other little changes that they can make at Character creation. The Cloth and such I hope we have many ways to change it?but once you have a certain look of your character?you probably will not be able to change it?but we might have Magical Makeover people that allow you to change some things?hair, eye color, face type?but this is a minor thing and if added I don?t think will be until after Beta.

3) Transformation abilities. Not just to turn into a wolf, but become things like vampires or demons or something.

Permanent Changes may be included?but it will be a hard road?or very easy :-) and would likely affect the relationship of NPCs and PCs to you?this would likely be added during or after Beta, if at all

4) I would like to change view with the mouse (I\'m sure they\'ll do this, but just sayin\').

It should be in by Beta

5) Maybe make it so you just have to hit enter to chat (kinda like in EQ).

This will also probably be in by Beta

6) Pets we can name and maybe have custom colors for the pets.

If Permanent pets are in the game?I am sure you may be able to name them?but it will have something like Elemental Jack?and not just Jack in the name, because if that was the case it could conflict with names already used by Players or NPCs

7) Spells I mentioned in the spells post.  

Most of your spells are quite good and will probably make it into the game in one fashion or another?others may be difficult. I am not saying anything about any of them in particular because I want the ideas to continue :-)

8) Another thing that would be cool is. Well, I like the fact that in the sky you see the cave ceiling and such. But what would be even better if there were clouds and birds in the sky and beyond them was the cave ceiling  . Would make it seem more like a world inside a cave.

Plans for a lot of environmental details are already in the works.
-Paxx

Leodinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2002, 12:57:18 pm »
Hey paxx...did you like the idea I put under the rituals thread?...about the guilds being able to do a summoning of a monster (possibly PC controllable) so they could duel other guilds in an arena?

Leodinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 01:23:25 pm »
Just thought about something...tattoes!  Maybe have guild tattoes :D.  Kinda like in DAoC where the guild could select from a variety of designs :D.  Also emblems and junk for guild.

Also...You know what would be a great thing for rogues?  Camo...not just blend in junk, but they actually can lay on the ground with like a bush or something that is sticking out of them (not out of them...but you know what I mean..a bush over them).  Possibly they can wear a tree costume :D.  Why?  To sneak up on mobs and such ;).

You know what I wish I could have in a game?  Vampire and werewolf hunters!  How cool would it be if your prof. was to do that?  Vampire Hunter Dee style ;).

I\'ll just throw this out there.  This is just somethin\' I know won\'t happen, but just sayin\' it would be fun.  Have it so that a group of people could actually meld and morph into lets say a dragon.  Each one of them controls some aspect of the dragon.  One the view, the other a spell or maybe its legs.  Another maybe its breathe.  I don\'t know, somethin\' fun that would take a lot of magic, money and people with a big chance of deadly failure :D.

I would not, however, like to have it so you can hire guardians, etc. like in Diablo 2 (shudders).  

I assume it is skill based.  Or is it level or is it level/skill based?  Personally I always liked the combo effect ;).

I\'m sure I\'ll think of more later :p

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2002, 02:15:03 pm »
Tattoos:
I think they will be difficult to implement?not that it would be impossible?just difficult. And I am not sure of the value, I?ll ask the people doing textures how much effort it will be to have 20+ possible tattoos for every PC model. And if it is worth the effort when most will be covered with clothes?basically I suspect that their efforts would be better used on something else. But if extra time is ever had it is something that I often wanted.

Arena Guild summoned monsters:

It might be fun, but that like any sports goes into the do after everything else is done, it is a decent idea. Sort of like battle bots :-) but we would have to have a few hundred options and make it fun. Right now it sounds like something only a small minority would do often?not that that is not an option, but it is not anything near a priority?but it is an option for sporting type events.

Many of your newer ideas fall into the maybe if there is time.

The morphing into a Dragon one I really doubt?

The vampire hunter/monster thing hunter?I think this would be easy with a scheme I?m planning on implementing, but no guaranties, and if it is in the game?it might not  be easy to attain ?Vampire hunter, level?.

Underlings hired?only on special circumstances?not for them to fight for you and or carry your stuff. They would be more like Guild Salesman Sells the stuff the guild wants sold at the Bazaar?

Camo?I hope we have items that look the part if they improve stealth or something similar, but this is a hard thing to implement right. Blending into one are is not the same as another and how much it blends in???? and in reality MOBs go after numbers, and positions not what they see?.all that stuff has to be taken into account, I would love to have it, but a lot of effort to do it right and something that needs to be done right or not at all, there is not much middle ground.
-Paxx