Author Topic: New Race/New Town  (Read 562 times)

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
New Race/New Town
« on: July 12, 2002, 02:12:51 pm »
I had this idea for a Race. I don\'t think you guys would add it or replace any of the current races, but whatever...here it goes.

The Skyas (read Skai-as)

Physical Traits: The Skaias are about 1,70 meters tall in overall. Their skin ranges from a pale orange to a pale blue (most people have a blue or a green skin). Their hair are always long and pale, and have all kind of colors, from orange to blue, from green to pink. They have beautyful wings in their back, always from the same color of their hair. Their eyes are pale, usually green, blue or gray (but some have yellow eyes also), never red.

Abilities and Fields of Interest: The Skyas can fly for a period of time, depending on their Endurance. Skyas are very related to defensive/protective spells, and have a special bonus with them.

Psychology: Skyas are are usually very good and generous. They usually love everything and all beings, but have the Diaboli as their natural enemy, due to some unknown, perhaps extraplanar reasons.

Rules:
Can Fly. Every hit count as a blessed weapon, regardless of kind of weapon or spells. The body have a high rate of regeneration. Suffers double damage from unholy items/spells.
ST +0 EN +0 AG +1 IN +2 WI +2 CH +2

Their Main Town: Skayvalah

Skyrith is the town of most hard-access. It is situated on the outer-surface, in a flying, magical island. The city was created by the first Skyas to cross the borders of the gates to the world, and have a natural magic shield around. The town is open to every race (although diaboli usually have some problems entering it), but the biggest part of the population is made of Skyas, due to their natural flying ability. The city is situated 300 meters from the ground, and is free from any myst due to the magical shield around it.

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 11:29:46 pm »
Well, in my opinion your concept of the race is very good, but there are several items yyou should consider.

1. There is a story behind the appearance of every race in the world, so inserting a new race into the game would force the dev team to edit the background story

2. You say the city is 300 above ground. Thing is, we live in an underground stalactite, so I don\'t know how you would make it to the city (since we don\'t have a way to access the surface, although I hope we do sometime ;))

3. A creature that can fly would cause the melee combat to be altered somehow. A Skaia would simply fly high and shoot down arrows (if its skilled with the bow) or cast spells upon the fighters. Although archers would be able to shoot them down, melee fighters would be virtually defenseless against them, unbalancing the gameplay.

ToK-ra

• Traveller
    • View Profile
New Race??
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 04:37:53 am »
Thats some good stuff... But we need an outcast in the races... For example Hellspawn, you can\'t be more outcast then that. here\'s an example of a nice one. :D

(i actually have this one, very cool)

Don\'t get me wrong, I ain\'t saing to steal the idea. But just to have the same prospect. The hole \"back from hell\" theme would be cool, in a creepy kind of way. :)

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Hey...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 07:35:07 am »
We allredy have an outkast its me i am the oUtKaSt from hell. MUhahhaa. Oh yeah and the ski-as seems like it would be an elf with wings. hahhahhaa elfs are alredy gracefull enough now your going to add wings to them i dont think so and anyways i really dont like any creature that you can choose to be to have wings cause it just does not work for me. I played demon crest and it was alright but after a while it was really boring and i think the wings is what made me bored so after i beet it i really havnt played it since but if you like the wings idea thats ok its nothing against you just  your idea. ;)
The main thing is you got to look at the story line if it does not fit into the story line then 4get it because the story line has to be really good for hardcore RolePlayers, like me, to get into it. :] But there are a lot of people who would like this idea but im not one of them. :]

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:

\"Hunt This\"

OutKast Tha Profet:evil:
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"
\"The Order of the Blade\"

\"Hunt This\"

-Raeon Volune-

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 01:49:05 pm »
Or better than a hellspawn! An outcast elf society. Run by a certain elf, in a certain story, with a certain enkidukai friend. I won\'t say any names though. ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2002, 01:49:24 pm by -Raeon Volune- »

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
hehhee
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 02:07:05 pm »
I agree.

\"Hunt This\"

OutKast Tha Profet:evil:
\"The Order of the Blade\"

\"Hunt This\"

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 04:30:59 pm »
lolz  me too
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.