Author Topic: Game world  (Read 1279 times)

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2002, 06:27:25 am »
How about teleport scrolls and spells?
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
hmm...
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2002, 09:19:23 am »
If i am not badly mistaken i dont think they will be using teleport scrolls and we have allready said something about them also. Teleport scrolls would not teleport you to far anyway so you would just run out of crolls before you got to the nearest rest room...

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:

\"Hunt This\"

OutKast Tha Profet:evil:
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"
\"The Order of the Blade\"

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:
\"Hunt This\"
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2002, 12:04:44 pm »
Well, this about traveling were discussed a time ago (long time ago) and I think one of the devs said that they wouldn\'t include any teleporting to make the game world feel much larger than it really is and therefore give you a better gaming experience, this may have cheanged of course, but I\'m also wondering if there will be enough server capacity to have such a big world.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2002, 06:17:01 pm »
aww but dragons are way more elegant and graceful that horses...not saying horses arnt,but dragons would be wayyy better ;) then again why not have both? :)
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2002, 09:39:56 pm »
cause theyd prolly eat eachother  :P  either way, i know that in some games they have some huge map with very large open areas with not much in them.  I didnt really like that too much because if u dont have the money to get somewhere ur kinda stuck, and also i know that in that game ive been out in some place and just plain to lazy to walk back so i logged off.  im not saying the world shouldnt be big, im just saying a good method of transportation would be an absulute requirement, besides the unthinkabley expensive ones, and that there should definitley be camps and stuff in the wilderness areas so u could sell stuff and such so u dont get encoumbered, if they have weight in the game.

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2002, 09:54:59 pm »
I\'ve always wanted to play a game with a really HUGE world. Any other game I\'ve ever played and just walked for like 10 mins i circle the damn world.  Then I\'m just like....oh, ...now what..hmmmm .  I think the bigger the world can be the more fun the game will be.  I don\'t care about flying and being \"fast\", I\'d just enjoy the wilderness on the walk  :D

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2002, 02:44:56 pm »
I agree completly. That is one of the reason that i liked morrowind so much. You could just wander for hours and everytime you found a tomb or a little town you felt excited about it. that is what i like about huge worlds.
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2002, 06:47:29 am »
Yes, Morrowind. I havent got around to playing that yet. It looks awesome though. Imagine a MMORPG of Morrowind.