Author Topic: Fighting Arena: The World Champion  (Read 1418 times)

ShredderX

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Fighting Arena: The World Champion
« on: February 05, 2002, 07:20:25 pm »
Iv\'e heard lots of talk abotu fighting arenas but none about champoins...

There could be a defending champoin who other people could challenge them for the title.  Then other player would buy tickets to watch teh duel.  The two bestb PS players fighting eachother for the title of world champoin.  It would be cool  8)

CO-LEADER OF THE AZURE ORDER      

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 07:23:35 pm »
i was thinking something liek that....but if ppl are gona pay they might as well see lots of fights. so i was thinking like a tournament, with set rules ya know armour limits and stuff.

maybe some sort of archery contest too...movign targets and what not...

and im not sure what but maybe soem sort of thing for the mages too..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2002, 07:24:51 pm by meket »

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
great idea !
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 08:22:41 pm »
thats a great idea, but why not have u be able to use all your skills at the arena?

or maybe you can choose three skills you will take to  the arena each time you enter a fight..

the players who are declaired champions are reworded with Karma points, or something to do with getting into the goverment, or a special item or somesort of prize

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 09:07:36 pm »
Originally posted by Nu Sham
the players who are declaired champions are reworded with Karma points, or something to do with getting into the goverment

lol I don\'t want to see people getting into government positions just because they win fights! :P  

Heh, it might make politics a bit more interesting if politicians had to do battle in an arena, but maybe in the States you would have ended up with Tyson as president or something 8o

Fighters don\'t necessarily make thinkers and leaders ;)

BTW love the new name and sig Nu Sham 8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2002, 09:08:40 pm by Kada-El »

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2002, 09:14:55 pm »
uhh kada-el.........killing one of the vagsmi wil be one of the main ways on gettin into gov. was said somewhere on a post.

but have faith....if someone does a  poopy job i imagine soemone else will kill  him/her, or maybe mods will jsut be like uhhh go away....or whatever. ;)

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2002, 09:30:28 pm »
Originally posted by meket
killing one of the vagsmi wil be one of the main ways on gettin into gov. was said somewhere on a post.

Oh, must have missed that one ;) Doesn\'t sound the best and most stable government ever. Ah well maybe I can campaign for electoral reforms or something. I thought political position in PS was usually hereditary, these guys wouldn\'t accept challenges to battle in arenas would they? Assasination - now that\'s a different matter

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2002, 09:45:30 pm »
The Vigisemi will give me the right to be an Octarch if I ask to, right? *raises sword to Vigisemi\'s neck*   ;)  :D

How about you pay say 2 Octas or so. Then you would get to see four matches, the first three matches are between two people. So in the end you have 3 winners of each match. Then there is a \"3 way brawl\" and the winner gets a prize of say one hundred circles and a golden madallion. A picture of Laanx and Talad waving would be carved on a ruby inside the medallion.

How about that? Also, the \"setting\" for the competition would be like the Roman colleseum.

[EDIT] Adding some more stuff:

Then, at the end of 2 months (saying that one \"big fight\" is allowed a week) the 8 winners from the prevoius two months would go together in 4 matches, and then the four remaining would go into a 4 way brawl. The winner would recieve 300 golden circles, a ruby amulet, and the Crystal Reward (a blue crystal that would be about the size of a football) would be recieved.

So thats:

1 match a week-\"The Fight of Warriors\"
4 matches a month-no name(its just all the matches combined)
5 matches at the end of 2 months-\"The Fight of Heros\"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2002, 09:51:52 pm by Bill »

stickman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2002, 11:14:59 pm »
OOOOOh i know

there could be this big arena thingy, and anyone who wants to particiapte can go in... then the gates close, and its every man for himself! last person alive wins!!!

that way, if u play it smart, u dont neccessarily have to be teh strongest to win... and even if people team up, there can only be one winner, so u gotta backstabb ur buddies at one point or another!

just make stuff so that if u log out or disconnect u are auto-kicked out of teh arena when u log back in.

this would not only test loyalties, but woudl also give a good chance to the lil people who may only be average fighters, but know how to use there heads :)

+ would u rather wanna watch a few dinky fights? or would u rather see a bloodbath!
i lost my sig... i hope ur happy

WTD

stickman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2002, 11:28:37 pm »
and accualy having the winners of the battles go into government may be an interesting idea

cause i like the idea of being able to kill the leaders and take over power. Maybe give the people in power an advantage?

The way id picture it is... if the government people got killed or something, they would instantly loose there possision (maybe broadcast a msg saying something like \"OH DEAR! the king has been SLAIN!\"), and maybe u could have it that a tournament would decide the next ruler, or simply the person who slayed the king gets to be king (as goes with other positions)...

and to give them an advantage.. maybe give them like 10% - 20% mroe to there stats... so they can defend themselve...

also... if someone got into power who was not a nice person, and didn\'t have any freind to back him up. he woudl be killed off and replaced. OR u could have a bunch of pkers and ruthless cut-throats take over for awhile.

Also, about the comment about how u wouldn\'t want a good fighter to neccisarily be in power... ask urslef this... out of all the different kinda of people who play, who is the most active? well the answer is of course the fighters who train 24-7!

i myself would like to see clans form, and fights to try to seize power! it would be an ongoing struggle! :)

and to all u roleplayers who dont want to train for some reason, but want to be apart of the game. TO BAD! :P

i personaly think role-playing is great. but if all u do is role-play u dont make the game interesting at all. u might as well go join a chatroom.

clashes between  good and evil clans, now thats interesting!
i lost my sig... i hope ur happy

WTD

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2002, 11:34:05 pm »
I wouldn\'t go for a \"bloodbath,\" but the idea of having contests like in the Middle Ages appeals greatly to me. You could have things like archery (already mentioned), single combat (not necessarily to the death), maybe jousting (if you can find something that moves fast like a horse), tilting (trying to strike a hanging ball with your lance), and of course the grand melee, where all the combatants start on two sides, and then they enter a huge combat where it\'s every man (woman) for himself.
  I don\'t know if anything was determined about dueling regarding \"to the death\" or not, but arena matches should definitely have a choice. Contests like I mentioned above were done during fairs, coronations, celebrations, etc, and as such were not intended to be deadly (of course, accidents did occur...). Instead of having the person get killed when reduced to 0 hp, just have them get knocked out, then squires run out onto the field and carry them off and revive them.
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

mistwalker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2002, 06:56:48 am »
That would be sweet. We should be able to have celebrations, with tournaments with prizes, and extremely silly games. And some tournements where skills and lvls don\'t matter, so anyone can join and have an equal chance of looking extremely stupid. :D
A fool and his head are soon parted.

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2002, 09:45:00 am »
Originally posted by stickman
The way id picture it is... if the government people got killed or something, they would instantly loose there possision (maybe broadcast a msg saying something like \"OH DEAR! the king has been SLAIN!\"), and maybe u could have it that a tournament would decide the next ruler, or simply the person who slayed the king gets to be king (as goes with other positions)...
also... if someone got into power who was not a nice person, and didn\'t have any freind to back him up. he woudl be killed off and replaced. OR u could have a bunch of pkers and ruthless cut-throats take over for awhile.

I still disagree I \'m afraid. The things that you describe are the workings of a total anarchy - not how I picture the world of PS.
Someone in such a high position, ideally, should be respected and loved by the people and have been put there by the people, not have every passer by attempting to lop off their head. Besides I think a character or player in the position of e.g. a monarch would be at least a little protected by a host of guards and traps. Perhaps lower levels of government could be open to players, but high postions with ruling power would be better left for NPC or even developer/moderator positions.

Also, about the comment about how u wouldn\'t want a good fighter to neccisarily be in power... ask urslef this... out of all the different kinda of people who play, who is the most active? well the answer is of course the fighters who train 24-7!

Just because someone has nothing better to do than to train 24-7, doesn\'t automatically make them responsible leaders.

and to all u roleplayers who dont want to train for some reason, but want to be apart of the game. TO BAD! :P

I don\'t think anyone here has that opininon - surely the fighting and training is all a part of the roleplaying anyway and is something everyone will do. Some may choose to concentrate on other skills more - that is their choice and the beauty of a project such as this.

i personaly think role-playing is great. but if all u do is role-play u dont make the game interesting at all. u might as well go join a chatroom.

I personally think battling is great, but if all you do is fight you don\'t make the game interesting at all. You might as well go back to RS.

You need both.

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2002, 10:13:52 am »
Kada\'s right, you need to have both elements: fighting/training AND roleplaying. Neither role-playing nor battling alone is going to make a game very interesting.
Prizes are a must, and silly games would be great! :D The idea of a world champion sounds pretty good too, just make sure it doesn\'t end up with Krans winning only.  :(  :P
Maybe you could have a different tournament for mages and peanuts too. :))
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2002, 01:52:32 pm »
Originally posted by Kada-El
BTW love the new name and sig Nu Sham 8)

thanx kada ;) i stole it from you.. (two words, one long one short). i figured every1 like you, so if we have similar names every1 would like me :D

and one more thing - the way i see it , a leader is some1 strong, with inflence and power. many people need to like them and vote for them, but if that person is weaker than a goblin, i wouldnt exactly see him as a leader.. and look at the facts, only really strong people with influece could really become parts of the goverment.. in conclustion a person that is in the goverment has to be respected, influentive and strong :P

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2002, 04:59:07 pm »
the idea of slay the king to become the king sux if things worked that way osama bin laden could be president!!! ?(  i like the idea about the arena fights and i have a suggestion:\"betting\" U bet on the guy/girl U think is gonna win and get a load of money!!! :))  the fights should be fougt one on one and in brawls adn there has to be a championship. the last man standing is cool too. but why do the fights have to be in an arena?? why not have battles on a great battlefield with like 50 man or more!!! but this is more of a war between clans idea