Author Topic: Inventory  (Read 1060 times)

Lode

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Inventory
« on: April 30, 2002, 06:13:31 am »
I wouldn\'t want the inventory to be too small, 25 spots should do if your equipped stuff doesn\'t count in there.

I think that equipped items shouldn\'t take a spot in your inventory (if you wear an armor, it doesn\'t take a spot in your backpack right?).

Small things like leaves and such should be pileable, and potions too.

For keys there should exist key rings (there could be even many different sort of key rings for collectors :p ) so you can attach all your keys to that so all your keys together take only one inventory spot.

For money there could be a seperate inventory, especially if there are different types of coins.  So it\'s as if you put coins in your purse and other items in your backpack.

And, it should be impossible for thieves to steal things from your inventory :p

tigger

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 09:56:20 am »
I think U should work with inventory blocks. every game uses these blocks. ur right equiped items don\'t take space in ur backpack but they do in ur scabbard so U have to have one of these. and leaves should be pilebable money should be like in a seperate purse or something. and there should be places where U can change money so change 10 trias into one hexa this way it won\'t take up so much room in ur purse. thievery is a whole other subject wich I have to think about

A TiGGeR is a wonderful thing...
Their heads are made of rubber and their tales made of a spring
A TiGGeR is a wonderful thing...

stickman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 05:41:03 pm »
i like bags! there should be bags for all the lil things... gem bag... coin bag...herb bag... book bag...

but i think the max u should be able to carry should be dependant on its weight...

and if ur too overloaded u cant move very fast ect.

u shouldn\'t be able to pick up like 3 full sets of armour and run around like its a feather
i lost my sig... i hope ur happy

WTD

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
i agree..
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 10:39:11 am »
how about this idea that just popped into me head :

say u have armour, right? and u need to carry it around all the time, it takes alot of space from your inventory. . .
B - U - T -
say you could pay some witch or somesort of npc to uhm.. wear this armour on you.. uhm how do you say it . . .
like tie it? nail it? somthing like that, on you.
in the begining it will be hard for you to move around, cuz you\'re not used to this overweight you\'re carrying, but then you\'ll start getting used to it.

and it will be hard to change armour this way, and you\'ll have to get re-used to each piece of armour.

or you might rather carry it around in your inventory all the time =/

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

stickman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 01:18:35 pm »
why not make it dependant on str or stamina or whatever? stronger u are the more u can carry...

getting use to armour/weapons would be neat...

i dont uderstand the nailing of armour on u bit though
i lost my sig... i hope ur happy

WTD

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 04:36:49 pm »
dedicated armor spots and 30 intentory spance w00t w00t

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 05:35:13 am »
Depends on how realistic they want it, if Str is the measure and then one back pack with 5 small pouches and 2 big ones, 3 scabbards and  a purse, and possibly a shield is probably all you can carry. Small items being stackable, or each pouch accepting X number of pounds

If  you want to make it cool have a 30 pouch inventory and that should be separate from equipment that is equipped, loot gets dynamically distributed and similar light items (one pound or less of the same loot type) stack automatically. Size does not matter you can carry a Pike in one inventory slot or a Kite shield.

Weight:
Realistic, you lose agility the heavier the pouch gets.

Cool, you can carry at normal speed = to your weight, heavier, you move slower.

-Paxx

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 08:43:44 pm »
I think that how much u can carry should be dependant on the size and weight of the object. allowing u to carry many many small and light items to almost no extent. But of course the downside is that u could not carry a lot of large heavy objects. Is that a downside or just a side effect..... u answer that one.

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2002, 02:02:27 am »
Hmm i think you should be able to carry a lot of items.. so the bagpack should be endless big..
but, you should have a weight limit... this weight limit should be strenght dependend, so the stronger you are the more you can carry..
o and dont make a UO like backpack.. its very annoying if you cant reach your item because its burried under lots of other items..
just look at the backpack system of T4C.. its kinda good..
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

MilowEd

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2002, 06:35:48 am »
Hmm... i dont fink backpacks are infinitley big :p there should be so many spots in the bag and certain items like longswords should take up 2 or 3 of these spots in the bag.

And getting used to armour would be kool...
Lege atque lacrima  :D

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 07:15:27 am »
I think thieves should be able to steal from your inventory... but it\'ll take several ranks in steal bofore they can even grab your piled leaves :P Anything heavier or larger has a much higher chance of being noticed missing... (so the thief has to be that much better...)