Author Topic: Somewhat late tenth anniversary *BOOP!*  (Read 756 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
Somewhat late tenth anniversary *BOOP!*
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:55:52 pm »
That is to say, the tenth anniversary of my account registration, not the game itself-- which of course is much older. This is also meaningless because I'm never here! Woo, anniversary of me not being here! I'm sure some still celebrate it every year. ;)

So, anyways. Still chugging along, eh? Planeshift: one of life's constants. :) Keep on keeping on, you brave warriors of opensaucy gaming! You should advertise more; I never see anyone out there in the wider Interwebs talking about PS. One day, my memory is going to fade, and it'll be as if this place never existed-- part of my subconscious will feel sad about it, but I won't remember why. I'll remember nothing, except for a vague sense of loss and a fleeting image of a ruby crystal, encrusted atop the crumbling stone pillar of some old, dark temple... It'll feel oddly comforting, this dreamlike scene, but I'll never be able to put my finger on just why it feels so... important to me. Then I would shrug, assume it's from "some jumping puzzle game I once played", and go about my day, never again knowing of this place.

But for now, my brain occasionally taps me on the shoulder and whispers, "Hey, you remember that one place, with the people and the things?" and I think, "Oh yeah... I wonder how they're doing these days. Maybe I has messages!" And I did. I had two messages. :) But more importantly, the project itself continues. Now, go out there and show people you still exist, damnit!

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat late tenth anniversary *BOOP!*
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »
Of all the days I decided to check the forum...

Hey, Sweety, how ya been?  :D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:17:34 am »
The real oldbies are those who left even before I really started... ;)

:flowers: Welcome back, at least for a visit.

You may also be interested in the art currently being made: #PlaneShiftRPG

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 04:43:12 am »
Currently meaning over three months ago.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 04:50:35 am »
No, I mean: In contrast to 10 years ago, rather during the last few years.

X-/ No cookies for trolls.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »
Of all the days I decided to check the forum...

Hey, Sweety, how ya been?  :D

Hello, you. :) I'm good, thanks! I hope you're also doing well. Do you still come here often, or did you just randomly decide to check up on the place (like I did)? I browsed around some of the recent threads and haven't recognised a single name so far. Kinda scary.

Oh, that reminds me. Is anyone in contact with Princess Aeyla? Niber was asking about her a few days ago. Said he thinks he saw her in some 'famous' Youtube video and wanted to ask if it was really her. xD

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »
\o/ oldbies
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 01:00:13 am »
Oh wow... A Moogie appears. :D Hello there. I think I started playing around the time you left but I do still remember people mentioning your name fairly often back when I first started playing this game.

And look even a UTM has appeared. ;)

Ralas

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
    • Reincrownation :D
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »
I haven't posted in about a year and a half, because the longer I went without posting, the more I wanted to go even longer without posting.  That is one terribly convoluted sentence.  Anyway, I had to leave this anti-posting cycle to say hello to Moogie.  It's good to see your name after so many years!  Also, Moon:  Get back to work, you bum!
Yliakum, a really big crystal. These are the voyages of the Explorers Guild.  Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new maps, to seek out new life and new NPCs.  To boldly glitch where no one has glitched before.

www.reincrownation.com :D

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:31 am »
I haven't posted in about a year and a half, because the longer I went without posting, the more I wanted to go even longer without posting.  That is one terribly convoluted sentence.  Anyway, I had to leave this anti-posting cycle to say hello to Moogie.  It's good to see your name after so many years!  Also, Moon:  Get back to work, you bum!
UTM is one of those that will work without us knowing. But generally,
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Pierre

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:20 am »
Excellent cliff hanger....but generally...what????   :@#\

Daevaorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 02:45:39 pm »
According to my 83,145,085 bytes of plain text PlaneShift logs, a certain "Moogy" last made an appearance on Feb 25th 2008 when she was looking to buy damaged leather armour. Maybe - in order for it to be a proper celebration - a certain "Moogie" should deliberate to download a certain "client" and log in to receive some anniversary presents! How about some un-damaged, enchanted leather armour of finest quality? ;D

Joking aside, there is a lot of new stuff to be discovered if my guess is right and you haven't been on in more than 4 years. Revamped Hydlaa, many new crafts, quests and items. You are missing out big time, old fella!  >o)

(And once you are up-to-date in terms of game content, you can start that advertising campaign, that we'd need indeed! ;D )

EDIT: Thanks to LigH for the subtle hint! ;) And a question from a non-native speaker ... what the heck is the female alternative for "old fella"? xD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:00:40 pm by Daevaorn »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »
I fear that she, the great Moogie, was so long away that she may have to make a completely new char.

Well, that may not be the worst issue, regarding the intensely improved tutorial.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador